kettle??

daynorhall

On the other hand most Americans like their beer ice cold. whereas the British prefer their beer at room temperature. Each and everyone of us is different.

When you say British and Beer / Warm or Cold ??? This all depends on the 'Beer', If you are talking 'Lager', then this would definately have to be served cold from the chiller, similarly with 'Cider' where the popular option is now to serve with ice. If you are talking 'Ale' then this would be classifed as 'Bitter' or even 'Stout' which then you would expect this to be served room temperature - then there is the North / South divide - an ale served 'Up North' would come in a glass with a inch or more head of foam - if this was served 'Down South', we would be complaining as to where the rest of the pint was.

As for tea - you CANNOT make a proper English cuppa with water thats not boiling since it needs to stand for a while to brew. Non-Boiling water would make it just luke warm time you went to drink it.:eek:

Indeed we are a perculiar lot us Brits ;)

On the other hand most Americans like their beer ice cold. whereas the British prefer their beer at room temperature.

Of course, room temperature in England is a lot cooler than room temperature in the States. Most Americans don't realize just how much farther north the UK is compared to the US. The only state any part of Great Britian is the same latitude as is Alaska!

I thought you folks in Boston used copious amounts of salt water when brewing tea (and wore fancy dress).

I cannot be held accountable for the tastes of far removed countrymen...thank goodness.

DML

We were on the Jewel two weeks ago and there was a kettle in our room. Being a coffee drinker, I had them swap it for a coffee maker. NCL no longer provides coffee makers for inside or OV cabins, but I have always gotten one by flashing my latitudes card.

The Jewel has always been based in Europe since her Pride of Hawaii days. As a part of her former American flagged compromise, she is restricted doing some cruises in US waters. If any NCL ship has kettles aboard, she would be the one.

The Jewel has always been based in Europe since her Pride of Hawaii days. As a part of her former American flagged compromise, she is restricted doing some cruises in US waters. If any NCL ship has kettles aboard, she would be the one.

Don

You're thinking of the Jade - on which I have never seen a kettle in a cabin (not that I need one - I'm a coffee monster!)

Archived