Activities on a long cruise with extensive sea days

taxjam

We booked next January's 30 day cruise to Hawaii and the South Pacific which obviously has a lot of sea days. Aside from the usual suspects like trivia and bingo, what does Hal offer?

We were on a TA this spring that ended up having 9 sea days in a row due to rough seas. There were so many activities listed in the daily we found we didn't leave enough time for reading. We finally had to choose just a few activities a day and leave the rest to sit and relax. Besides the trivia, there are audio tape tours of the ship's art(free, just ask at the library), wine tastings, wellness lectures, group workouts like Pilates and yoga, all sorts of board games available in the lounge, cooking demonstrations and classes, navigation lectures and updates, bingo, bible study...the list goes on. You won't be bored!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

There will be free cooking demonstrations, some pool games like golf chipping, lectures, cooking classes that you have to pay for ($29 per person -- you get to eat what you have prepared and free wine is served with the meal, wine tasting (you pay for them as well), some days seem to have more activities than others.

You won't be bored.

And there will be Mixology classes where you learn to make drinks. If you want to mix and taste there is a fee -- if you only want to watch -- free.

There will be movies -- with free popcorn.

You can get free DVD's from the front office and watch them in your cabin - a list of the DVD's is beside your TV:

2012_Amsterdam_ship_pictures_192.JPG

Often, at least for me, many of those who provide educational lectures are the things I enjoy most on long voyages. I refresh my knowledge in some areas and gain new insights and knowledge in other areas. Today, most of those who provide such lectures do so via a Power Point presentation and that only makes it that much more interesting.

As KK has said, you will not be bored--unless you so choose.

We did the 30 day South Pacific cruise this past April. They had lots of activities such as lecture series, great movies, trivia, bingo, cooking demos (these were really enjoyable), crew vs guest water volleyball games, line dancing etc.

The library has some great books. The first 4 or 5 days to Hawaii they had some cultural demos. Don't miss the lei making class. No charge and you make a beautiful lei.

There were huka lessons and even ukelele classes where they teach you to play. It was not as easy as it looks. You will have a great time.

Archived