Quantum Keel Blocks are in the House!

Floatout10c_zps169c5e50.jpg

Photo courtesy NDR.de

And some screen grabs:

Floatout16_Quantum_zps07b62a77.jpg

Floatout8_zps7b45b55c.jpg

Ouch. That one must have hurt. Someone knocked over YouTube's HD 1080ide's camera.

But finally someone produced the photos we’ve been waiting for…

MeyerWerftFanClubonFacebook2_zpscb65cbe4.jpg

MeyerWerftFanClubonFacebook_zps99da467f.jpg

Photos courtesy Meyer Werft Fanclub

I’m sure more photos and videos will be posted online over the next few hours and days.

Congrats to Meyer Werft and Norwegian on a successful float out.

54316.jpg

Wow I always miss a ton of exciting stuff when I'm at a swim meet! :p The Getaway looks so good with all of the wraps off of her. Two70 looks freaking huge! Looks like they have the window steel pieces in. :D Now we finally have room for the Quantum to grow!!

That sure was fun. I went to make some coffee and when I returned the camera had been knocked over. Ouch is right but they seemed to recover quickly. :D

Our Girl Quantum looks a little lonely now but she will be so busy she will hardly notice it. And when her sister moves it will be party time in the building dock.

Denise

That sure was fun. I went to make some coffee and when I returned the camera had been knocked over. Ouch is right but they seemed to recover quickly. :D

Our Girl Quantum looks a little lonely now but she will be so busy she will hardly notice it. And when her sister moves it will be party time in the building dock.

Denise

It was fun...and slow :p. Nice looking ship.

NORWEGIAN_GETAWAY_T2_676591.940x1000.jpg

It was fun...and slow :p. Nice looking ship.

NORWEGIAN_GETAWAY_T2_676591.940x1000.jpg

Same thing I thought. The art work is truly amazing and she really looks good. For all the people that are fans of the cruise shipbuilding process, you have to love this regardless of who your favorite cruise line is. Congrats to NCL.

Well, at least there was one photographer who wasn't sooo distracted by the float out that he couldn't snap a photo of the Quantum of the Seas. ;)

You can see part of the Norwegian Getaway in the background which hasn't floated out yet.

November22013_zps96e69a33.jpg

Photo courtesy of Inselvideo, who has a great video of the Norwegian Getaway's float out:

Edited by Lloyd555

Well, at least there was one photographer who wasn't sooo distracted by the float out that he couldn't snap a photo of the Quantum of the Seas. ;)

You can see part of the Norwegian Getaway in the background which hasn't floated out yet.

November22013_zps96e69a33.jpg

Photo courtesy of Inselvideo, who has a great video of the Norwegian Getaway's float out:

Inselvideo seems to have access to the hall. I hope that he has more pics coming. You can see that MW is slowly making its way block assembly-wise toward the stern, with the beginning of the rear 'hump'. And from the other pic that gave a glimpse of the inside of the hall, I see that they've reached above deck 14. Looking forward to Monday's updated web cam image(?!).

I am trying to figure out what decks I am looking at, then I can count up from there. Allot of process has been made; looking forward to Monday's cam update.

Thanks!

Arlene

14decks_zps19cf8c42.jpg

They have added quite a few blocks, and made it up over deck 14.

From the blurry image of the QofS inside the MW hall, it appears as if they built part of the area above deck 14?

deck14a_zpsdd1787c6.jpg

From the blurry image of the QofS inside the MW hall, it appears as if they built part of the area above deck 14?

Thanks Tough as Leather, I was thinking that was Deck 5 but was not sure.

deck14a_zpsdd1787c6.jpg

I'm seeing what you're seeing, but maybe only because you suggested it!

No other clear images of the inside of the hall from the open doorway or 'otherwise' ... yet ... but stay tuned ... :rolleyes:

Edited by Lloyd555

I'm seeing what you're seeing, but maybe only because you suggested it!

No other clear images of the inside of the hall from the open doorway or otherwise ... yet ... but stay tuned ... :rolleyes:

WHAT?! Do you know something? Or just hoping? What?!!

Oooooh. I am so pushing you into a pool on the Allure in 104 days+ !

There are some new pictures posted on Ingrid Fiebak's page within Hall 6.

See link.

http://www.ingrid-fiebak.de/galerie/categories.php?cat_id=1933&l=english

She's back!

Thanks, Tall-Cruiser.

Edit: Saving those photos, juuuust in case they disappear too.

Edited by Lloyd555

She's back!

Thanks, Tall-Cruiser.

You are welcome. Glad she is back. I tried to copy and paste some of the images (giving her credit) with my iPad but could not copy. Look at image 8 of 16 and beihind Getaway, you can see as mentioned by Tough as Leather above they may be above decks 14 and 15.

Edit- You are right, save those pictures fast.

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

WHAT?! Do you know something? Or just hoping? What?!!

Oooooh. I am so pushing you into a pool on the Allure in 104 days+ !

Okay, so here's one video that I was told was coming at some point today:

Happy now, Tough as leather?!!

You are welcome. Glad she is back. I tried to copy and paste some of the images (giving her credit) with my iPad but could not copy. Look at image 8 of 16 and beihind Getaway, you can see as mentioned by Tough as Leather above they may be above decks 14 and 15.

I am doing it as we speak... er... type. I'll post too! Juuuust in case. :eek:

Okay, so here's one video that I was told was coming at some point today:

Happy now, Tough as leather?!!

Yes. I will not toss you into a pool on the Allure, but I will march you to the Next Cruise desk and make them let you have a QofS cruise at half price.:p

Now post those Fiebak photos before they go bye bye!

She's getting so tall back there. They grow up so quickly, don't they?! Soon she'll be off to the Caribbean and then having keels of her own. sniff

November2_IngridFiebak_4_zps1275c169.jpg

They seem to have moved the FlowRider block that was near the stern of the Getaway. Maybe its sitting on the build.

November2_IngridFiebak_2_zps41b62099.jpg

November2_IngridFiebak_1_zpseb2c5ef5.jpg

And here's the Getaway on her way outside... where she will freeze her aft off. :p

November2_IngridFiebak_6_zps883c53c2.jpg

Photos courtesy Ingrid Fiebak Photography

Edit: Tough as Leather - There's your 14+ decks. AND the promenade/esplanade/square in the middle.

November2_amSeehafen_1_zps64cde68b.jpg

Photo (collage of screen grabs) courtesy amSeehafen's YouTube video.

Edited by Lloyd555
I forgot stuff.