What's near pier in Skagway

bev r.

We are doing the hike & River Float and White Pass Summit & City Combo and have 45 minutes in between the tours. The meeting place is where the ship excursions meet. Just wondering if there is anything nearby for us to be able to pick up a quick bite to eat on the go. We will be sailing on the Golden Princess and doubt we will have time to go back to the ship and grab something.

Any suggestions?

here is a link to a page at www.cruiseportinsider.com that shows things to do on your own in Skagway - including places to eat.

http://cruiseportinsider.com/skagwayonyourown.html#.Ua2JLdvn_cc

If you want to avoid walking too much - most tour buses will drop you downtown instead of the cruise ships. BTW Princess often docks at the railroad dock.

I also thought I read here that the Skagway Fish Company caught fire recently and according to their Facebook page as of May 24 they are closed until further notice. Too bad as they had good reviews and what looked like excellent food - they were also close to the Railroad Dock.

here is a link to a page at www.cruiseportinsider.com that shows things to do on your own in Skagway - including places to eat.

http://cruiseportinsider.com/skagwayonyourown.html#.Ua2JLdvn_cc

If you want to avoid walking too much - most tour buses will drop you downtown instead of the cruise ships. BTW Princess often docks at the railroad dock.

I also thought I read here that the Skagway Fish Company caught fire recently and according to their Facebook page as of May 24 they are closed until further notice. Too bad as they had good reviews and what looked like excellent food - they were also close to the Railroad Dock.

We were just on RCI Radiance and we docked the farthest away just past the Skagway Fish Company (and yes it is closed) with PCL being right in front of us.

Have to agree with others, there isn't much near by, Ncl use the ore dock, with the other lines using the rail dock. It is a 15 minute walk from either, so by the time you walk both ways you used up 30 minutes of the 45 you have. The shuttle is $2 each way, when we were there last week the wind was blowing so hard it made for difficult walking back to ship.

Archived