Freedom of the Seas Review - 26 May - 2 June 2013

[quote name='Brian131489']Thanks for the review, it fueled my need to be on a ship !! Freedom was my first cruise the year it came out !![/quote]

You are so welcome Brian. Have a great cruise. We loved the Freedom too.

[quote name='RCI Cruisers 004']Great slide show Anne ! It's almost like we were there living it with you ![/quote]

Hey Eric & Colleen, yes I know! We miss the ship so much already and it's only been a week. Just booked the QOS for 12 Dec 2014 an 8 night Bahamas cruise. That fit into Julie's college schedule. I'm also booked for the Oasis of the Seas on 3 May 2014 with my sister and my Florida friends. Maybe you all can do the QOS with us??? :D

[quote name='suizas']did you find the famous roast beef sandwiches on board and if so, where and when?? Cruising in August and need to know where to get my *fix*.[/quote]

Aww sorry no roast beef sandwiches on board. :eek:

[quote name='suizas']did you find the famous roast beef sandwiches on board and if so, where and when?? Cruising in August and need to know where to get my *fix*.[/quote]

The roast beef sandwiches are only available in Park Cafe. Sadly, Freedom doesn't have one of those.

[quote name='Annefran']Hey Eric & Colleen, yes I know! We miss the ship so much already and it's only been a week. Just booked the QOS for 12 Dec 2014 an 8 night Bahamas cruise. That fit into Julie's college schedule. I'm also booked for the Oasis of the Seas on 3 May 2014 with my sister and my Florida friends. Maybe you all can do the QOS with us??? :D

Aww sorry no roast beef sandwiches on board. :eek:[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the offer Anne. Unfortunately a cruise in Dec. would be to risky for us with our weather. If we got snow and our dog sitter had problems I would never be forgivin ! We are looking at a cruise in Sept, right after Labor Day. There is a 4 night Bahamas cruise, and a 5 night Western Caribbean, both out of Fla. I'll let you know if I book one. The Wow sale starts tomorrow so ill see what their pricesre like. Happy cruising !

[quote name='RCI Cruisers 004']Thanks for the offer Anne. Unfortunately a cruise in Dec. would be to risky for us with our weather. If we got snow and our dog sitter had problems I would never be forgivin ! We are looking at a cruise in Sept, right after Labor Day. There is a 4 night Bahamas cruise, and a 5 night Western Caribbean, both out of Fla. I'll let you know if I book one. The Wow sale starts tomorrow so ill see what their pricesre like. Happy cruising ![/quote] OK sounds like a plan!

Hi All: I added a couple more photos from our cruise, including the photo of us at the Hotel Director's dinner table. Follow this link:

[URL]http://s1278.photobucket.com/user/Annefran/slideshow/?sort=2[/URL]

[quote name='Annefran']
Aww sorry no roast beef sandwiches on board. :eek:[/quote]

You didn't look hard enough!!

Final day at sea they were being served in the Promenade Cafe

They were lovely

[quote name='sxphil']You didn't look hard enough!!

Final day at sea they were being served in the Promenade Cafe

They were lovely[/quote]

The roast beef sandwiches at Promenade Cafe are not THE roast beef sandwiches served at Park Cafe. The Park Cafe ones are served warm, sliced to order, with the most delicious horseradish sauce I've ever had. :)

[quote name='dfgf']The roast beef sandwiches at Promenade Cafe are not THE roast beef sandwiches served at Park Cafe. The Park Cafe ones are served warm, sliced to order, with the most delicious horseradish sauce I've ever had. :)[/QUOTE]

i am going to hunt them down!!

[quote name='atlgants']Subbing! Thanks so much for the review. Just started my trip planning for the 2-2-14 Western. Can't wait to read about your journey![/quote] Enjoy the ship and the cruise. We absolutely loved the Freedom of the Seas. We have also cruised on it's sister ship, the Liberty too. Happy Cruising!

• 4 months later...
This cruise seems so far away already....cannot believe that I won't be cruising again until May 2014!!! I need a quick fix between now and then. If I do get an opportunity, will definitely write another review. Maybe even a LIVE one! Happy Cruising everyone!:D

[quote name='Annefran']Hi all, for anyone that is cruising on FOS in the next few months, just let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help. Happy Cruising! :D[/QUOTE]

Leaving Nov. 17th on my first RCL cruise (three prior on Carnival) and very excited about boarding FOS. Anything that I should not miss? I made reservation for the ice show but looking for other things to make sure I try.

I do have one other question? Is it true besides the freestyle machine there's not drink (tea, juices, water) stations 24/7 like on Carnival?

[quote name='unc1acc']Leaving Nov. 17th on my first RCL cruise (three prior on Carnival) and very excited about boarding FOS. Anything that I should not miss? I made reservation for the ice show but looking for other things to make sure I try.

I do have one other question? Is it true besides the freestyle machine there's not drink (tea, juices, water) stations 24/7 like on Carnival?[/quote]

Hi, in the Promenade Cafe there is always water, tea, coffee not juice though 24/7. The Ice Show is a must. Try to see all the shows that they have available, all are great. Wonder the ship when you first get on board to familiarize yourself with the decks. The flow rider is a lot of fun and you can sign up for personalized lessons either online before you go or while on board. The pool is area is large with it's 2 areas. Stop down in the gym to see the boxing ring, pretty cool. Not sure of your itinerary, but if you stop in Labadee for the day, roam the island. It's actually quite gorgeous and there's lots to do there. If you can rent one of the cabanas on Nellie's beach well worth the extra money. Have a great cruise and enjoy!

[quote name='Annefran']Hi, in the Promenade Cafe there is always water, tea, coffee not juice though 24/7. The Ice Show is a must. Try to see all the shows that they have available, all are great. Wonder the ship when you first get on board to familiarize yourself with the decks. The flow rider is a lot of fun and you can sign up for personalized lessons either online before you go or while on board. The pool is area is large with it's 2 areas. Stop down in the gym to see the boxing ring, pretty cool. Not sure of your itinerary, but if you stop in Labadee for the day, roam the island. It's actually quite gorgeous and there's lots to do there. If you can rent one of the cabanas on Nellie's beach well worth the extra money. Have a great cruise and enjoy![/QUOTE]

Great! Thanks for the info. Our itinerary is the Eastern leg, Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. I'm definitely going to try the flow rider...we'll see how that goes. :confused:

I'm going to try and get onboard asap so I can do what you said and spend some time to wonder the ship and familiarize myself before the masses board.