AMA - vouchers for 11June13 sailing Budapest

kcbarker

Called AMA - vouchers are available for the 11June13 sailing from Budapest. Would have preferred a full refund.

Sure is interesting seeing how the different companies perform under pressure, looks like AMA are sliding down the list a bit based on reports like this one.

If the cruise is the one that AMA are describing below, you should get a full refund in my opinion, this is not what you paid the money for

<<Blue Danube Discovery . All guests will then be transferred to Bratislava for one night at the Sheraton Bratislava. On Wednesday June 12, the itinerary will continue with a hotel stay in Vienna. Further updates will be posted on Monday June 10. >>

If there are any weak cruise companies around, this extra cost in their peak season may cause any vouchers to be valueless.

Called AMA - vouchers are available for the 11June13 sailing from Budapest. Would have preferred a full refund.

maybe that would have given refund,not just voucher?Always have to read the fine print,sure it said that SOMEWHERE.Wonder about booking private flights(they give vouchers for those ,plus fees).Makes we think buying "cancel for any reason"insurance a good thing.This mess can run up quite a bill and mess up vacation plans TOO.Sorry.:(

Was to travel on the AMA cruise departing June 11. Several calls to AMA provided little or conflicting information. On Friday June 7 finally spoke with supervisor who said that we could receive a voucher if we cancelled. This information was not on website. The bottom line is we would not know about the voucher had we not called.

I too want a refund. Not a voucher

Cancel for any reason insurance still only covers 75% of the trip cost. ( Ive never seen a 100% policy) Most airline change fees paid out of your own pocket. (150 pp per flight) would still be far less than 25% of your trip total.

AMA s response to this makes me very nervous. I accept the idea of a voucher, but worry about the communication! I understand the idea that a port cold be skipped or a bused around ocassionally, but this is a substantial change in the nature of the vacation.

I realise that a voucher system suits some people but in reality they are absolutely useless to someone like me. We live in Australia and it takes us around 36 hours to travel to Europe. For our 40th Wedding Anniversary holiday planned for next year it took us around 3-4 years of savings. There is no value in a voucher for a subsequent cruise. If you didn't like the way you were treated by the cruise company then it is highly unlikely you'd ever cruise with them again and if you are a middle class family like we are then you'd never be able to save enough to take advantage of a voucher that has to be used in a given time frame. Vouchers are a great business ploy to get you to spend again and if you can afford to take the hop across the Atlantic yearly then you can take advantage of a cheaper cruise. We can't.

Archived