Movies playing on QM2

kelly3399

Does anyone who has been on board QM2 lately remember what movies are being shown? They used to have that information on their website but can't find it and a phone call to Cunard was of no help. Just being curious about our evening entertainment. Thanks, Kelly

Just returned and the only newish film was Life of Pi. There were none that were pre-release in the UK. Life of Pi was strangely improved by Cunards low-fi projection system as it was hard to tell that the animals were computer generated!

Do they show more then one movie each day and if so are they the same ones or different ones?

Keith

Only one movie, usually only one showing per day, often time is "inconvenient" (such as 7.30p.m. inconvenient to both dinner seating times). They almost never show a film in the "dead time" between lunch and 4.30p.m. even though the theatre may be empty .Strange!

Movies on TV, well it depends if you receive a listing, on some trips none is issued, then it is hit or miss as to what is showing or when , or on which channel.

On my last cruise, the list was not issued until the 5th day of the cruise, and then I found the list unreliable.

Do they show more then one movie each day and if so are they the same ones or different ones? Keith
Hi Keith,

Rather than rely on an advanced-aged failing memory, or guessing, I thought it would be best if I dragged out the Daily Programmes for my last QM2 transatlantic crossing to make sure I was accurate.

Here are the times of the films shows in Illuminations each day.

You'll note that they give you a couple of chances daily to see a film in case the times clash with something else you're doing, which is very helpful. You'll also notice that they do usually arrange two showings in the evening (for each dinner sitting).

Day one.

Total Recall: 8pm. 10.30pm.

Day two.

The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel: 1pm. 5pm. 8pm. 10.30pm.

Day three.

Prometheus: 5pm. 8pm. 10.30pm.

Day four.

The Expendables: 5pm. 8pm. 10.30pm.

Day five.

The Dark Knight Rises: 5pm. 8pm. 11pm.

Day six.

Madame Butterfly: 5pm. 8pm.

Day seven.

The Iron Lady: 1pm. 5pm.

The Amazing Spiderman: 8pm. 10.30pm.

I hope this helps.

Sometimes lectures in Illuminations prevent films being shown, the lectures are always better attended than the films!

As for poor film projection, on a previous crossing my family and I watched "The Kings Speech", it was the worse projection of any film I have ever seen. The film still got an ovation at the end :) :)! However, I couldn't fault the projection of the films I've enjoyed more recently on board QM2 or QE.

Very best wishes,

Jimsgirl thank you.

pepperrn thank you so very much for taking the time to find and then to write-up examples of the movies and the times of their showing. I really appreciate it.

Thank you all so very much.

Keith

Archived