Returned from our first cruise....very happy.

casbar3

We've been back exactly one week now following our first cruise which was on Aurora sailing round the Baltic capitals.

We had a brilliant time on a lovely ship, sharing an evening table with eight excellent companions, enjoying great food served by dedicated, friendly staff. We had really good weather with lots of warm sunshine and almost no rain except for a bit of drizzle a couple of times.

Would have no qualms in recommending the Aurora and would not hesitate in using her again. Will write a review later when I have more time. :o:o:o

Sorry to tell you I usually lose a pound or two, due to much more exercise, don't use the lifts, do my mile twice a day and don't pig out because I find I actually can't eat so much now I'm older. I have an enormous salad at the buffet and don't do cooked breakfasts.

And why your clothes don't fit anymore.

Do you regular cruisers have 2 sets of clothes? Pre and post cruise? Or are you just sensible at buffet time?

I also have 2 sets of shorts / trousers for long cruises, for the weight I'll put on! :D We take a lot of exercise at home and although we try to keep this up, on the cruise we're having such a good time never seem to do quite as much.

Neither do we eat excessively but we certainly eat (and drink!) more than we do at home and the pounds just seem to go on.

And when we get back, we wonder where that lovely relaxed feeling has gone :(

we were on the same cruise, wasn't the weather ace! Think i put on about 5 pounds, mostly due to afternoon tea!

Only thing I wasn't fussed about was formal nights. Seemed pretty pointless when it was pretty much identical menu to the casual night before! Only time it seemed to have a point was when we did the captains drinks first.

Archived