Summit Stateroom #8146

txjeffrey

Just wondering if anyone has been in Summit stateroom #8146. We will be sailing on Sunday, and this stateroom will be our home for a week. Would love to see pictures if anyone has some. We are a family with twin teen daughters. On our last sailing on Infinity to Alaska we had the family veranda and absolutely LOVED the accommodations. Since we are only traveling with 4 this year, they would not allow me to book a family veranda. I am just a bit concerned about the size of this stateroom, but according to the Celebrity reservation agent, this one does have a slightly larger balcony due to the location on the ship.

Just wondering if anyone has been in Summit stateroom #8146. We will be sailing on Sunday, and this stateroom will be our home for a week. Would love to see pictures if anyone has some. We are a family with twin teen daughters. On our last sailing on Infinity to Alaska we had the family veranda and absolutely LOVED the accommodations. Since we are only traveling with 4 this year, they would not allow me to book a family veranda. I am just a bit concerned about the size of this stateroom, but according to the Celebrity reservation agent, this one does have a slightly larger balcony due to the location on the ship.
IMHO no way would I book 4 people into 8146 for a week, especially not with teen girls.

I would suggest adding an inside cabin so the girls can have their own bedroom and bathroom and closet and TV, and the adults can have some privacy, making for a much more enjoyable cruise for all.

If the inside cabin would be too far away from yours for them to let you book a couple of teens in it, you can always book an adult in each cabin on paper. Nobody cares who actually sleeps where and you can always get extra keys for their cabin so you can check up on them whenever you want, if you feel that is necessary.

IMHO no way would I book 4 people into 8146 for a week, especially not with teen girls.

I would suggest adding an inside cabin so the girls can have their own bedroom and bathroom and closet and TV, and the adults can have some privacy, making for a much more enjoyable cruise for all.

If the inside cabin would be too far away from yours for them to let you book a couple of teens in it, you can always book an adult in each cabin on paper. Nobody cares who actually sleeps where and you can always get extra keys for their cabin so you can check up on them whenever you want, if you feel that is necessary.

No way for some but for many of us it is the only way and we couldn't afford another cabin.

Having never traveled Celebrity, I'm just basing my opinions on other cruise lines. For financial reasons we have traveled numerous times with two teens in our cabin. It was never a problem and we joked that it was a bit like camping. The teens didn't keep the same schedule as we did so there was never a problem for bathroom time. My DS did all his showering in the gym after his daily workout.

@OP Have a lovely trip. You will find ways to make it work for you.

Can't help you at all with the cabin number but suggest some baskets, the over the door shoe thing to keep stuff separate and some ear plugs so you don't get woken up with the kids roll in. :)

Thanks Monicajay and Voroo. When we booked the cruise, Celebrity had a special with the 3rd and 4th passenger sailing for I think $299 each. If I booked a separate room, we could not take advantage of the special. My husband and I are both teachers, so this was an economical way to take our twins on a great vacation. We don't anticipate spending much time in the room anyway, so like you said, we can just pretend like we are in camper or the old RV we used to own.

We were in cabin 8070, just recently, and we are just an average sized Husband and Wife. I don't think we could have fit comfortably another person, let alone 2 more in that cabin. I guess if you have to, than you must make do. BTW, I can't imagine how a rather 'rotund' person, and there seemed to be many on the cruise, would even fit into that shower, or even sit fully on the 'commode?' BTW, it would have been nice if Celebrity also upgraded those CC cabins on deck 8, cabin 8070 could have used it!

We just returned from 8068 on the Summitt. There were 3 of us (adults) in the cabin. This was a CC level cabin so it was slightly bigger than a regular veranda cabin.

The hardest thing for us was when the sofa was pulled out for the 2nd bed. It was open during part of the evening until noontime-ish the following day. The sofa being open made it difficult to access the balcony and the desk. And of course, then there was nowhere to sit but on the beds. DH was happy going to the nearby library with his book and his scotch to sit in big comfy chairs as necessary. I read on the bed, and DS sat on the edge of his bed and used his computer on the desk. It was fine, but having use of the sofa and the balcony was much nicer.

I kept my makeup, hairspray, and so on out of the bathroom. That way after I got my shower, etc., I could finish getting ready in the main part of the cabin and someone else could use the bathroom. There is a huge mirror on one wall and also above the desk. The hair dryer must be used by the desk (outlet).

Also there wasn't a lot of space for clothing in the closet for more than 2 people. You can double-hang some things if you bring extra hangers. There were 6 drawers in a cupboard next to the closet. They weren't large, but I could fit all of my underthings in one drawer and most of my folded shorts/capris and tops in another. Above the drawers, there was a relatively large shelf in the cupboard, along with the safe. There were 2 night stands with 2 drawers each. In addition, the desk had 2 angled cupboards, each with 2 shelves.

I thought the cupboards under the sink in the bathroom were kind of yucky, so I put my dirty clothing in there. There was also a tall, shallow, shelving area between the desk and the big mirror. It was useful, but didn't hold much.

You may be crowded, but I'm sure you will enjoy being together as a family. It's certainly better than not going at all. Have fun! :)

We stayed in 8146 on a Southern Caribbbean cruise out of San Juan. Four of us in the cabin, but two were kids under 10. One bed comes out of the ceiling, the other is the pullout couch. The cabin worked well for us, the cabin steward folded the beds up every day so we didn't have to deal with the sofa bed out all day. Suitcases will fit under the bed. The balcony is a little larger than standard, with two chairs and a low side table. We had a great time!

Also, the cabin is in a great location on the ship. It's right around from the aft stairs, and the buffet and sunset bar are just a flight up. Very convenient, and also quiet. Also has an un obstructed view.

Archived