Everything quantum!!!!!!

I guess there are some devices though that can charge from USB ports. Just nothing I own. Oh well.

Just about every cell phone made in the last couple years can charge off USB. It's actually been required by law in Europe since 2011. In the U.S. it was a voluntary agreement among all the carriers and manufacturers.

If y'all read some of the refurb info on the older ships, they are now getting iPads in stalled in most rooms for scheduling, making reservations for shows, restaurants and ordering room service. Anyone wonder if the Quatum staterooms will have these.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Wow guys I think we have every bit of info and concept art on here that has been leaked, were good until the next reveal! :D

Man I really envy any of you in a loft suite on one of these ships!

Oh and I wish they added more plant life/flora in the Solarium and reduce the amount of white! Imagine a nice and warm place with a bunch of palm trees, etc while its snowing outside! :cool:

If y'all read some of the refurb info on the older ships, they are now getting iPads in stalled in most rooms for scheduling, making reservations for shows, restaurants and ordering room service. Anyone wonder if the Quatum staterooms will have these.

I like this :). That would be great. How is the TV selection on RCCL ?

Wow guys I think we have every bit of info and concept art on here that has been leaked, were good until the next reveal! :D

Oh and I wish they added more plant life/flora in the Solarium and reduce the amount of white! Imagine a nice and warm place with a bunch of palm trees, etc while its snowing outside! :cool:

Mike, I think I saw you on the other thread dying for more info. Lol!

I'm glad you're satisfied, for now. ;)

I can't wait to get on this fabulous ship!

Edited by Aurora2143

Mike, I think I saw you on the other thread dying for more info. Lol!

I'm glad you're satisfied, for now. ;)

I can't wait to get on this fabulous ship!

Haha maybe! :p I can't wait either although I still don't have a booking, that may change this winter! :)

Agree completely mike! Who doesn't love palm trees and snow together! Thank god for this thread and for CC, nobody else understands my excitement for quantum (ok ok, obsession :) ) even my hubby who will be travelling with me just keeps looking at me as if I'm nuts and saying "but it's 18 months away"

They just don't get it lol

It was great on Allure and Oasis. From what Gambee said, not so much on Breakawy?

Ncl has a terrible tv selection, very outdated shows. The news stations were showing LIVE coverage of the moon landing!

RCI has excellent news with truly live CNN feeds. We were at sea the day Bin Laden was killed and new it at the same time the rest of the world did. I also love having Cartoon Network/Adult Swim and TCM available.

To keep your hands warm during rough seas :)

Lol not for me personally. My bottom half spends more time glued to the seat then my top half. Lol. That's what balconies are for lol

Edited by UNV-IT!!!

Oasis had a keyboard, but we never quite figured out what it was for. We already had scheduled all our shows and activities except for excursions which we did from the excursion desk.

I would assume that quantum will have something similar. Maybe they should have a instruction card with these for people who don't know what all you can schedule with them? Like.. want to go to such and such restaurant tonight.. here is how you do it. I had trouble with the interactive maps on Oasis.. if I wanted to see something on another deck, I never did figure out how to find out anything that wasnt on the deck I was not on.

I think all this tech is great.. but lost on the average cruiser. If you wanted to know what deck something is on.. I couldnt figure out how to locate something on the map. I had a balcony on deck 8 and wanted to know where such and such lounge was, I never did figure out how to ask it for where something was located if it was on another deck. I never found some activities. I asked for a hand out deck plans.. but they told me they didnt have them.

We had a lot of foreign travellers on Oasis who I imagine were even more lost trying to find things than I was. I would have liked plain ole deck plans to be available. I've done Oasis twice, so the 2nd time was easier. The first time I also thought it cumbersome to look up my schedule on the tv.. to then find it on the daily planner, where it was located. I think it would be a nice improvement to put the LOCATION of the show next to the name of the show on the tv schedule where we had to go to remember what we booked when.

Edited by firefly333

The breakaway has a very handy phone app for booking shows dinners and texting (unlimited onboard texting over the ships wifi to others with the app for $7.99). Does rccl offer anything similar.

There was a beta version for Carnival Breeze for a similar app to text each other and stay in touch. Only for their newest ship. The beta version was then pulled. I think you had to have a iphone though, which I didnt so I didnt download it to look at it.

I would not be surprised if RCL comes out with a app just to compete with NCL and Carnival on this. It would only make sense. I just hope its not just for iphone.

Royal Caribbean has shocked me! I can't believe they don't have any apps...yes I know they have three but they are all trash. They need to contact a major app developer and work hard on 2 or 3 apps and delete the ones they have.

1. App for cruise bookings that has info on all the ships similar to how it is set up on the website. In this app you could also edit your bookings, make reservations, see price drops, upgrade, etc. Of course they could have a little slider on the front page of the app at the top that has the same "advertisements" as the website.

2. The app we all want for the cruise...pay a one time fee to get the app and be able to use it on the ship to send messages, FaceTime for iPhone/iPad, make dinner reservations, show reservations, have a map, basically everything you can do on the interactive screens around the ships. Of course this would only be available on ships that feature the interactive screens.

3. (Possible) a total revamp of the Portfolio app they currently have. All the info on shopping/excursions you could wish for.

Shouldn't this be simple? Make it available for Windows, Blackberry, iPhone & Android. Make sure it can fit the iPhone 5 screen and have available support for each platform. They make money, this is totally doable and I don't know why a mega company like this hasn't attempted this in our tech savvy world.

So True Mike! Technology has evolved and they should modernize with it. I'm glad you have this in mind. I vote you in as Chief Officer of App Development! Where should we send the paycheck? lol :p

On a side note, you had mentioned photography in a post somewhere. Do you have a flickr or something where you post awesome pictures?

Feel free to message me with the link or whatever. I'd love to take a look. Skype djm08150 or email djm08150@gmail.com

Thanks! :D

Royal Caribbean has shocked me! I can't believe they don't have any apps...yes I know they have three but they are all trash. They need to contact a major app developer and work hard on 2 or 3 apps and delete the ones they have.

1. App for cruise bookings that has info on all the ships similar to how it is set up on the website. In this app you could also edit your bookings, make reservations, see price drops, upgrade, etc. Of course they could have a little slider on the front page of the app at the top that has the same "advertisements" as the website.

2. The app we all want for the cruise...pay a one time fee to get the app and be able to use it on the ship to send messages, FaceTime for iPhone/iPad, make dinner reservations, show reservations, have a map, basically everything you can do on the interactive screens around the ships. Of course this would only be available on ships that feature the interactive screens.

3. (Possible) a total revamp of the Portfolio app they currently have. All the info on shopping/excursions you could wish for.

Shouldn't this be simple? Make it available for Windows, Blackberry, iPhone & Android. Make sure it can fit the iPhone 5 screen and have available support for each platform. They make money, this is totally doable and I don't know why a mega company like this hasn't attempted this in our tech savvy world.

i am surprised they dont have a good quality app. Hopefully that will change soon.

How are their interactive TV's.?

I know we are a little off topic but I have not sailed rccl in a long time and want to get an idea of what to expect. Hopefully we will get some new QOTS news soon :)

Interactive TV's work quite well, although it takes a few minutes to do a self orientation each time I sail. First time I sailed after interactive TV was available, my cabin attendant did an excellent job of reviewing features and functionality to me.

Interactive TV's work quite well, although it takes a few minutes to do a self orientation each time I sail. First time I sailed after interactive TV was available, my cabin attendant did an excellent job of reviewing features and functionality to me.

Thats good at least

YES!!! PLEASE... someone NEEDS to do this. TAKE MY MONEY NOW!!! I would love to have apps like this on my BlackBerry. The one that interests me is the onboard texting like someone mentioned. Great idea, and I am sure it would get used tremendously

Shaun, great thread thanks for starting it. I will definitely keep stoppping back to check on people uploading photos and information as we get it. DD & I are booked in a Spa JS mid-ship (Hump) for Dec 12, 2014 on a 8 night Bahamas. Really NOT thrilled with the itinerary at all, more about the ship. I wish RCI would delete that itinerary altogether and just stick to Caribbean. Just my opinion. I plan on sending a letter of suggestion about that and just a thought: wouldn't it be great if they could stay overnight in Labadee. They could have some night time activities on the island, entertainment and we could all get 2 whole days there. We love Labadee!

I agree about them dumping this itinerary too and that is why we're going out on 1/3/15 so we can go to some different places. We've cruised out of Port Canaveral a couple of times and done the Bahama's thing so.....

Agree completely mike! Who doesn't love palm trees and snow together! Thank god for this thread and for CC, nobody else understands my excitement for quantum (ok ok, obsession :) ) even my hubby who will be travelling with me just keeps looking at me as if I'm nuts and saying "but it's 18 months away"

They just don't get it lol

OK, I'm looking at excursions already and places to stay near the port!!! And how far am I out? A gazzillion days too?