Breakaway Taxi/Horseshoe Bay Beach

Sohker

What would it cost to take a taxi from the ship to the beach for 4 adults? Would it be the same price to get from beach to ship?

I was in Bermuda years ago and remember just hiring a taxi to take us around and show us the island, do they still do that and do you know the charge?

THX

The approximate cost for a taxi for Dockyard <> Horseshoe Bay is $30.00 each way.

What you probably remember taking is a 'blue flag' taxi tour for up to 6 passengers, and yes they are still done. The prices are:

• 1 to 4 passengers, $40.00/hr, minimum of 3 hours
  • 5 or 6 passengers, $55.50/hr, minimum of 3 hours

You can design your own tour or let the driver/guide show you his Bermuda. There is a current thread on this forum titled Bermuda private guide which has names, contact info, and CC member comments about their tour and guide.

SBtS

The approximate cost for a taxi for Dockyard <> Horseshoe Bay is $30.00 each way.

SBtS

I was also interested in the cost of a taxi from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay Beach. However there are 10 of us and we will most likely need a van. Can you also please tell me what it would cost for 10 of us (7 adults and 3 children) and are vans readily available at the dockyard?

Thank you,

Karen

I was also interested in the cost of a taxi from the Dockyard to Horseshoe Bay Beach. However there are 10 of us and we will most likely need a van. Can you also please tell me what it would cost for 10 of us (7 adults and 3 children) and are vans readily available at the dockyard?

Thank you,

Karen

You probably need two taxis as I never saw one or been in one that took more than 6 in Bermuda. If there is anything available for ten likely that would have to be arranged in advance.

SBtS

Thank you Charles4515, but still wondering how much it will cost. Is the $30 quote above per person?

Thanks,

Karen

THX Berzle986

Can you take any food off the ship for a lunch at the beach?

I read somewhere there is an "express Bus" from the pier to horseshoe beach is that #7 that does not make any stops. Do you know where I find that bus and the times it goes and returns to the beach?

Is there a one day bus pass, and do you know the cost or where I can find that out?

THX Berzle986

Can you take any food off the ship for a lunch at the beach?

I read somewhere there is an "express Bus" from the pier to horseshoe beach is that #7 that does not make any stops. Do you know where I find that bus and the times it goes and returns to the beach?

Is there a one day bus pass, and do you know the cost or where I can find that out?

The only food that can be removed from the cruise ship is of the unopened prepackaged type.

Yes, there is an express bus to Horseshoe Bay. They are located to the right as you leave the wharves. These buses would be unscheduled as they would depart when they are filled.

The one day Transportation Pass costs $15.00. The TP can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center which is in the only permanent building on each wharf plus there is one near the ferry dock.

SBtS

THX SBtS,

I seems if I only want to go to the beach for the day, it is the same price for 4 if I take the bus at $15/pp x 4 = $60 or take a taxi except for the tip to the driver. Taxi sounds better am I missing something?

THX SBtS,

I seems if I only want to go to the beach for the day, it is the same price for 4 if I take the bus at $15/pp x 4 = $60 or take a taxi except for the tip to the driver. Taxi sounds better am I missing something?

Thats exactly what Im thinking also.

THX SBtS,

Thats exactly what Im thinking also.

If you're going to the beach and nowhere else, you can buy tokens or pay cash for each way. You don't have to buy the one day transportation passes. Not quite sure if Horseshoe from Dockyard would be 3 zones, if so, the one way cash fare is $3.00, if it falls under more zones, it would be $4.00. So, at most, $8.00 pp. x4 is $32. My fares amy be a bit off since I can't find my newest fare schedule. Someone will correct me if I'm wrong.;):)

The only food that can be removed from the cruise ship is of the unopened prepackaged type.

Yes, there is an express bus to Horseshoe Bay. They are located to the right as you leave the wharves. These buses would be unscheduled as they would depart when they are filled.

The one day Transportation Pass costs $15.00. The TP can be purchased at the Visitor Information Center which is in the only permanent building on each wharf plus there is one near the ferry dock.

SBtS

Does the express bus cost more money? How far a walk from the bus stop is the beach?

Does the express bus cost more money? How far a walk from the bus stop is the beach?

The fare for the regular bus and the express bus are the same.

The distance from the bus route > beach is a little more than .3 miles downhill. There is a van available that for a $2 fee will take you down the hill and $2 back up.

SBtS

Thanks everyone, is there someone to direct you to the express bus? Do the bus and taxi's accept U.S dollars?

Express buses leave from the same bus stop as the local #7 bus...last I recall, the route sign on the express says "Special"(someone please correct this if my memory has failed me).

Buses and taxis (and every business in Bermuda) accept US money...but bills can't be used on the buses, only coins are acceptable. It makes far more sense to buy tokens, transportation passes or ticket books to use on public transit...it's more convenient and if you buy what best suits your needs you'll save money.

Even more economical than the tokens : the ticket booklet

You need the 14 zone one which is 30 dollars for 15 tickets. (two dollars per ticket) We used one ticket to go from the dockyard to Warwick Long Bay. Then we walked the beach trail and ended up at Horseshoe Bay. We used a second ticket when we took a bus from Horseshoe to Gibb's Lighthouse. After the lighthouse, we used a third ticket to take a bus back to the dockyard. That was three tickets per person. There are five of us, so it worked out perfectly!

You can buy passes, tokens, or tickets at the white building right at the dockyard.

Even more economical than the tokens : the ticket booklet

You need the 14 zone one which is 30 dollars for 15 tickets. (two dollars per ticket) We used one ticket to go from the dockyard to Warwick Long Bay. Then we walked the beach trail and ended up at Horseshoe Bay. We used a second ticket when we took a bus from Horseshoe to Gibb's Lighthouse. After the lighthouse, we used a third ticket to take a bus back to the dockyard. That was three tickets per person. There are five of us, so it worked out perfectly!

You can buy passes, tokens, or tickets at the white building right at the dockyard.

The economics are dependent on the person's travel plans. For one person, tokens might be best, for another transportation passes, for someone else, the ticket books. It all depends on how many trips are being made by how many people over how many days. If you find yourself with a bunch of unused tickets at the end of your vacation you may have made the wrong choice.

If I am going alone to St. George's one day by ferry, and to Horseshoe Bay the next day by bus, the most economical choice for me is four tokens at a total cost of $16. If I'm traveling with someone, then the $30 ticket book saves us $2 versus tokens.

Archived