Help me do the math

teach21566

This is the scoop. We are going with a private tour guide for one day which will leave us off at horseshoe beach at the end of trip. It also happens to be we'd Hamilton nights day. Our second day we are planning on going to aquarium. Here is my thoughts. It looks like tokens are 4 each and kids are half price. So if we did tokens for day one, bus from beach to ship, $12'dollars get changed and then out to Hamilton nights it would be $16 round trip for adults and $8for two kids. Grand total for day one $36 for two adults two kids. Day two we look into getting a One day pass 2 adults $30 and Two kids 15 total 45. so both days one with tokens $36 for two adults two kids, and the second day a one day pass for all of us is $45. Grand total $81 Now I look into the two day pass at $50 for two adults and 25 for two kids... Grand total 75. It looks like hw two day pass is a bit cheaper.....anyone else see this or am I totally wrong,,,,, I teach reading so math...not so good

Assumption: 2 adults and 2 children between ages 5 and 16.

I've checked your math and it looks good; but, JMHO, you are worried about nickels and dimes just after paying thousands for a family cruise. I buy the Transportation Pass for the convenience and don't concern myself whether I'm saving anything.

To throw a curve in your calculations which may force you to do a redo. If you look at the PTB site (Bermuda Public Transportation Board ) and under Topics select Fare Information, you'll see that under Student – Children section, the Transportation Passes listed there are now for Resident Students only. The only fares applicable to children are cash or tickets. This could be a mistake and I don't recall anyone posting about it.

Anyway, my suggestion would be to buy 2 adult 2 day passes and a book of tickets (15 tickets) for the children and carry enough change for an exact change fare for the children.

Maybe someone will post that the PTB site is wrong and the fares showing on bus or ferry schedules are correct.

I've reread the fine print under Information, Student – Child, I'm confused as to whether a child visitor can use the tickets.

Maybe a phone call to the PTB might clear things up. Please post that you learn.

SBtS

SBtS,

Wow, I just looked at your link and it sure seems that there no longer is a child rate. I agree that the info is confusing.The only clarification that I can see is students can ride using student tickets that are sold in booklets of 15 so those must be marked somehow as student tickets. Confusing...yes.

PS. Trying to track down 32N64W. Hoping maybe my friend in Bermuda can help.

What is messing with the fare information for children under 16 is that resident children can ride the buses for free.

There is a cash fare rate for visiting children (believe it is $2, but don't quote me on that). The student tickets (blue tickets) are the tickets the kids would use - which are much more economical than buying adult passes or paying the cash fare for them.

Hope this helps.

Sousak,

It is still confusing because on previous fare schedules there was always a children's category that listed, Visitor 1-day pass, 2-day pass, 3-day pass, etc. and that's what seems to be missing from the link SBtS posted.:confused:

Sousak,

It is still confusing because on previous fare schedules there was always a children's category that listed, Visitor 1-day pass, 2-day pass, 3-day pass, etc. and that's what seems to be missing from the link SBtS posted.:confused:

Here is a screen shot of how that page looked until 2012. I modified it for a table for when a new visitor asked about fare prices unfortunately I didn't include the fine print below the fares.

BusFareTest.jpg

SBtS

It does look like the kids fares are gone for visitors. Are you able to get tokens readily available off of the ship??

Tokens and Transportation Passes are available at the Visitor Information Centers. There are 3 at the Dockyard. One in each building on the wharves and one near the ferry dock.

SBtS

Hi, We are just back from Bermuda and on the 2013 ferry schedule there is a child 1-day pass listed (as well as 2,3,4 and 7 days) as well as Cash and token fares for child 5 - under age 16. The bus schedule also has the same costs for Transportation Passes

1 day Adult $15 - child under age of 16 $7.50

2 day Adult $25 - child under age of 16 $12.50

3 day Adult $35 - child under age of 16 $17.50

Scanner is not working right now or I would scan both ferry and bus schedule.

Hope this helps.

Hi, We are just back from Bermuda and on the 2013 ferry schedule there is a child 1-day pass listed (as well as 2,3,4 and 7 days) as well as Cash and token fares for child 5 - under age 16. The bus schedule also has the same costs for Transportation Passes

1 day Adult $15 - child under age of 16 $7.50

2 day Adult $25 - child under age of 16 $12.50

3 day Adult $35 - child under age of 16 $17.50

Scanner is not working right now or I would scan both ferry and bus schedule.

Hope this helps.

The source for the pricing of ferry fares is PTB; and if you visit the PTB site (link in my first post to this thread) and check out the fares posted, they are different from what is being shown on the ferry and bus schedules.

Which one do you think is right? I don't know.

SBtS

The source for the pricing of ferry fares is PTB; and if you visit the PTB site (link in my first post to this thread) and check out the fares posted, they are different from what is being shown on the ferry and bus schedules.

Which one do you think is right? I don't know.

SBtS

I know what I would do, present the ferry schedule (which can be picked up at several places) that Gran2five had and ask for a child's pass.:)

I know what I would do, present the ferry schedule (which can be picked up at several places) that Gran2five had and ask for a child's pass.:)

I would just ask for the childrens pass. They will either have them or not. What is printed is not going to matter. If they still sell them they will sell them. If they are discontinued they won't care what is on the printed schduale.

I'm inclined to believe the ferry schedule and not the PTB information page in SBtS's link, because the PTB page has other identifiable misinformation...for example it says that tickets are good on buses only. I think they took an old page, pasted in some new prices, but didn't edit the other information.

I'm inclined to believe the ferry schedule and not the PTB information page in SBtS's link, because the PTB page has other identifiable misinformation...for example it says that tickets are good on buses only. I think they took an old page, pasted in some new prices, but didn't edit the other information.

And I'm inclined to believe with you. It wouldn't be the first time an official site had wrong information.

Archived