Does Princess Platinum Travel Protection (Insurance) Include Luggage Tags

LastUsernameEver

When I sailed one line (maybe Celebrity) when I bought their Travel Insurance I got a luggage tag that was particularly distinctive, and my bags were in my room before I got there myself.

Does Princess Platinum travel prtection send out different luggage tags...and, if so, will they be less likely to rifle through it? ;-)

When I sailed one line (maybe Celebrity) when I bought their Travel Insurance I got a luggage tag that was particularly distinctive, and my bags were in my room before I got there myself.

Does Princess Platinum travel prtection send out different luggage tags...and, if so, will they be less likely to rifle through it? ;-)

We have always gotten the Platinum travel protection and there has never been any special luggage tags or special treatment of bags.

Nope. Princess doesn't send luggage tags. You print out your travel documents, boarding pass and luggage tags directly from your Cruise Personalizer in "My Princess" on the Princess website.

I'd say that all of my Princess cruises over the past few years (2-3/year), my luggage arrived anywhere from 10 minutes to two hours after boarding. I can't remember the last time it arrived after 4pm.

Two things to know about Princess: you go directly to your cabin at boarding. No waiting or having to schlep to the Lido with your stuff. Boarding usually starts between 11:30am-Noon. One time a couple of years ago, I arrived at the pier in San Pedro at 12:20pm, was checked in and in my cabin at 12:45, and my luggage was delivered at 12:55pm. :)

The other thing to know is that unlike Celebrity, Princess allows TAs to discount cruises. Depending on when you book and your cabin category, you can save 10-20%. PLUS get OBC and perks.

Oh, a third thing to know is that OBC is combinable. If your TA gives you OBC, you have military OBC, stockholder OBC, etc., it can all be combined. I don't get military but should get a total of $550 in OBC on my cruise in October.

Thanks Pam for the photos.

We are sailing on the Diamond Sept. 21 to Beijing.

Can you tell me how hard it will be to take a seated walker on the land tours? (Sore foot) I can walk and climb stairs and carry the thing around when needed but need to sit down every once and awhile. Been on some tours where the standing around gets to me and thought the seated walker would take care of that if it isn't to much trouble.

Thanks for all your help on this board.

Twiggycat

The other thing to know is that unlike Celebrity, Princess allows TAs to discount cruises. Depending on when you book and your cabin category, you can save 10-20%. PLUS get OBC and perks.

What Pam didn't say is the TAs for Princess are NOT allowed to advertise their discounts, you must connect with them directly to determine the specifics of the "real" offer. Phone or e-mail works for a direct connection.

A little more work on your end but definitely worth it.

Can you tell me how hard it will be to take a seated walker on the land tours? (Sore foot) I can walk and climb stairs and carry the thing around when needed but need to sit down every once and awhile. Been on some tours where the standing around gets to me and thought the seated walker would take care of that if it isn't to much trouble.
Tours in Japan, South Korea and China are long and difficult for those with walking problems. No question or way around that. A seated walker would probably work fine for some but many of the places have gravel pathways or uneven stone steps which would make using a walker difficult. I brought hiking poles which helped a lot with my balance and a cane with a seat would work well.

I'm jealous, Pam!:) I have yet to ever get a price any different than what Princess was offering, and I have to keep an eye out for price drops, not my agent. Only once or twice have I had a small OBC. I would love to find one of those TAs who I'm told book 20 Princess cruises a day and discount. Maybe it's just American agents who are allowed to give these great deals because it's sure not happening in my corner of the world, but maybe one day! Until then, I pay more but at least I'm cruising.

Archived