VIKING 75% credit on future cruise

Amtico

Viking do seem to be working with those who were not satisfied with the initial offer, so if anyone is still feeling particularly aggrieved they do need to contact Viking again.

Yes it seems so. And according to posts in other threads,, they may be offering more compensation, then swearing the customer to secrecy about the individual settlements.

Great customer service, fairi, equitable and ethical. :eek:

Has anyone compiled a list of company compensation offers for comparison?

While Viking have a range of offers, some other companies are lagging a long way behind even Vikings.

It seems those that suffered the most and receiving the least consideration are those who were put on a boat for a second class bus trip.

Yes it seems so. And according to posts in other threads,, they may be offering more compensation, then swearing the customer to secrecy about the individual settlements.

Great customer service, fairi, equitable and ethical. :eek:

Entirely normal in pretty much every industry I've ever worked in.

If you negotiate an individual settlement reflecting specific individual grievances then it is normal for that to remain confidential.

Entirely normal in pretty much every industry I've ever worked in.

If you negotiate an individual settlement reflecting specific individual grievances then it is normal for that to remain confidential.

IMHO this is different in that an entire mass of people were subjected to the same circumstance on a ship. A precedent has been set by major cruiselines such as Carnival and Royal, where this behind the scene negotiating didn't seem to happen and most customers seem to have walked away from those circumstances quite pleased due to the nature of those settlements. (I realize the circumstances of river flooding a very different from the ocean circumstances but they still impacted a captive audience.)

I am struggling to find a comparative situation. Hooray for the squeaky wheels, you certainly deserve more compensation for your experience. Unfortunately, everyone else who was on those ships also deserves the same and won't be savy or vocal enough to get it.

Has anyone compiled a list of company compensation offers for comparison?

While Viking have a range of offers, some other companies are lagging a long way behind even Vikings.

I was wondering about other lines too.

Where are the other companies lagging behind Viking? I am thinking there would be some threads or posts from other cruisers if this were so, but would be interested in hearing from others impacted.

I was wondering about other lines too.

Where are the other companies lagging behind Viking? I am thinking there would be some threads or posts from other cruisers if this were so, but would be interested in hearing from others impacted.

Here's one: vouchers in lieu of a refund by AMA.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1858622&highlight=ama+voucher

Read that - noticed the last post was made almost two weeks ago. Seems like at that time AMA was offering a voucher for a free cruise (not %75). I can understand how disappointed many are that refunds are not being offered by the cruise lines (or is that part of the secret deals maybe?)

Other lines lagging behind Viking?

Archived