Discount on wines by the bottle with premium bev package

Josie2

I read something on another thread about 30% discount on wines by the bottle with bev package. Or perhaps I just misunderstood. We were on Eclipse last November and had the premium package and were quite happy with it. Are repeating this year with the package (123 promo) this time. My only small complaint was the relatively limited wines by the glass and the fact they ran out of many of them. The option to purchase discounted bottles is an interesting concept ... But perhaps I misunderstood. Anyone know?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I read something on another thread about 30% discount on wines by the bottle with bev package. Or perhaps I just misunderstood. We were on Eclipse last November and had the premium package and were quite happy with it. Are repeating this year with the package (123 promo) this time. My only small complaint was the relatively limited wines by the glass and the fact they ran out of many of them. The option to purchase discounted bottles is an interesting concept ... But perhaps I misunderstood. Anyone know?

you are correct - a 30% discount on bottled wines with the Premium package - make sure to confirm with the wine steward before purchasing of course.

As alexspepa confirmed...here's the Celebrity policy:

Premium Package

For the ultimate in value and convenience, our premium package provides all the benefits of our Premium Non-Alcoholic Package. In addition, you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $12 per serving. Plus, with purchase of this Premium Package, you can enjoy a 30% discount on all wines by the bottle purchased on board, even our prized Reserve Wine list and Rare Wine list.

(and 20% with the Classic package).

Enjoy

Woody

I used this feature earlier this year, and will probably use it again in August on Eclipse.

I also like to check to see if there are any wines not on the list. Sometimes one can get a good deal on a wine when one bottle is left but it is not on the list.

you are correct - a 30% discount on bottled wines with the Premium package - make sure to confirm with the wine steward before purchasing of course.

Didn't know!! Thanks for the info!:):)

Is this new?? I don't recall having this discount available. Certainly didn't know about it anyway.

We 1st saw this on Celebrity's web site in January or February when the 1st free bvg package was offered.

Mary Lou

You would still be better off getting premium wines by the glass vs the bottle discount. there are some excellent choices available by the glass and since the package is already covered it won't cost you anything additional.

You bet, just as your server in any dining room and you will save. You can get a $5000/ bottle of Screaming Eagle for 30% off now that truly is a deal.

WOW,That would be wasting a good bottle, if it was served to me, even at that savings. I am not a good judge of wine, but my DH is. He can smell and taste, and tell you what other spices and fruits are in the wine. To me it all taste like wine, just some taste better than others.:p

All joking aside, we plan on buying a couple of bottles on our next cruise, but I'm sure it won't be Screaming Eagle not even the 1200.00 bottle. My husband wasn't happy with the wine by the glass last year.

Archived