Boarding Miracle in Seattle

A couple of questions for anyone that has sailed Miracle from Seattle. I'm curious as to which deck you enter the ship on. I'm assuming you enter the Metropolis Lobby on Promenade deck. Port or Starboard?

Also, how does the boarding process compare to say Miami or NOLA? In 4 of my past 5 cruises the line kept moving and their was no waiting after check-in. Do they have self-serve kiosks? This is a new class of ship for me and a new port.

I'm traveling with 3 nervous cruise newbies :o and want a plan for arriving at the port and getting on board.

Anything else you can share would be greatly appreciated - thanks!

We are Platinum so boarding was a little different for us , cannot remember where you entered ship.

As far as the cruise terminal , nothing like the year around busy ports . A little chaotic and disorganized .

Your friends will be so excited about the cruise I am sure it will all be part of a new experience .

Have a great time .

Entering the terminal, you go upstairs to a large room. Half is security and then check in. The other half is a waiting area with ropes strung up. It's loud, chaotic, and no separate waiting areas. Once boarding begins, they will call zones and then the free for all starts. You will enter the ship in the Atrium and be directed upstairs to the Lido and lunch. Have a wonderful cruise!

Love the Miracle, love Alaska.

We are Platinum so boarding was a little different for us , cannot remember where you entered ship.

As far as the cruise terminal , nothing like the year around busy ports . A little chaotic and disorganized .

Your friends will be so excited about the cruise I am sure it will all be part of a new experience .

Have a great time .

Thank you. This is actually my 3 sisters and they are already beyond excited. I'm getting there myself. Thanks again!

Last Tuesday in Seattle we boarded on deck 3 near the "yellow brick road" We got there by Seattle shuttle just before 11 and the boarding process went very efficiently. Just before we checked in they had stopped calling boarding groups so there was no waiting. Took our pics and walked right in.

Have a great trip and be prepared for warm weather as a possibility. It was in the 80's in port last week! You never know what you're going to get!

Entering the terminal, you go upstairs to a large room. Half is security and then check in. The other half is a waiting area with ropes strung up. It's loud, chaotic, and no separate waiting areas. Once boarding begins, they will call zones and then the free for all starts. You will enter the ship in the Atrium and be directed upstairs to the Lido and lunch. Have a wonderful cruise!

Love the Miracle, love Alaska.

Thanks for the info. What time were you at the terminal and how long did you wait until boarding began?

Thanks for the info. What time were you at the terminal and how long did you wait until boarding began?

I'm wondering the same. I just printed my boarding pass which says embarkation for me should be 1-3 (which seems late). I assume that's because they want to spread out the timeframe that everyone arrives! I'll already be in Seattle and don't want to wait around until 1 to board! Anyone offer guidance as to what they they started boarding?

We arrived at the terminal about 10:30. Porters were plentiful, met us at the limo, even tagged our cases of water for delivery to the room. :) We took 15 minutes tops to get through security and check in, and then waited about 45 minutes before they started boarding. Boarding went rather quickly after they boarded the wedding party, but no one listened to the announcement of zones. Once it became obvious that it was time to board, everyone just got in line where ever.

I'll FINALLY be Platinum on this cruise & am anxious to get onboard without having to wait in any line. I don't want to wait until 1-3 to board. What time do past Miracle cruisers suggest showing up so that you arrive slightly after they start boarding the ship? 11 or slightly later?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I am taking my mother-in-law June 24, 2014. Wondering if there are wheelchairs in case she's too worn out to walk? Also, is it a long walk from the airport shuttle to board? Any other tips for us? Thanks!

I am taking my mother-in-law June 24, 2014. Wondering if there are wheelchairs in case she's too worn out to walk? Also, is it a long walk from the airport shuttle to board? Any other tips for us? Thanks!

Hi, we went in August and I’ll give my take. I am sure there are wheelchairs, you must go upstairs once in the port and there was an elevator to use if you guys don’t want to use the escalator. The airport is pretty big. Depending on your airline and terminal you can have a nice walk. We took Delta, had to hop on a tram which involved going downstairs, then to the baggage claim and then grab our luggage. After you grab the luggage there is a sign showing transportation. Make sure you drop off your luggage to the guys there. It is a little chaotic but works. You are then shown to the check-in area for the bus. WARNING: this area is pretty small and can take a while. We had to wait 2 buses outside, before finally boarding. Once at the port you are right there. Check-in was smooth, we had FTTF but they where letting everyone onboard. You enter near Yellow Brick road I am pretty sure. Just enjoy your cruise!

- Justin