Independence aft corner cabin

I am sailing on the IOS in a few weeks on a 2 week Med cruise and have just booked a guarantee balcony. I have been given 7708 on deck 7. This is a corner aft cabin and although I understand the balcony is larger than normal is the cabin itself smaller than normal or is it a fairly standard size. I am slightly concerned that there will not be enough storage room for all our clothes etc. Does anybody think we should request a change of cabin ?

Another slight concern is that the sound of the ship's wake may be loud, just wandered what other people thought about this - does it keep you awake at night !

Thanks for any help.

the cabin is the same size as all the others. If you got this room as an assigned room you are very lucky. People typically book this cabin as soon as the schedules come out. Someone must have had to cancel or got upgraded

enjoy. plenty of pictures on CC of this cabin (Freedom, Indy and Liberty) all the same.

Aft cabins are in great demand - you are very lucky!

However, some people do not like them because you are a good walk from the elevators. It is so nice and quiet back there. Cabins are normal size and balconies are huge.

As far as the noise of the wake, you are supposed to keep your balcony door closed because of the air conditioning. Realize that some people don't always do that, but with the door closed you would not hear the sea. Same thing really applies to any cabin with a balcony,

Enjoy!

I am sailing on the IOS in a few weeks on a 2 week Med cruise and have just booked a guarantee balcony. I have been given 7708 on deck 7. This is a corner aft cabin and although I understand the balcony is larger than normal is the cabin itself smaller than normal or is it a fairly standard size. I am slightly concerned that there will not be enough storage room for all our clothes etc. Does anybody think we should request a change of cabin ?

Another slight concern is that the sound of the ship's wake may be loud, just wandered what other people thought about this - does it keep you awake at night !

Thanks for any help.

If you booked in the UK with RCCL UK or a UK travel agent they won't let you change gty cabins or go back in the pool.

:-)

We just booked this cabin for our cruise on FOS next May, and feel really fortunate we were able to get it. Have you seen pictures of the balcony? It's huge, with loungers, plus two chairs and a small table. The only negatives I've read about here on CC with regard to this cabin is the longer walk to the elevators, but most people say it's worth the walk.

Thanks for the replies, they were really helpful. I did not realise how popular this cabin is. I am happy with this one now. When I booked I did ask to put a request in for a cabin towards the back of the ship - never thought it would be there though.

I have just read a review by somebody who thought the loungers were no longer allowed - hope this is not true.

Thanks for the replies, they were really helpful. I did not realise how popular this cabin is. I am happy with this one now. When I booked I did ask to put a request in for a cabin towards the back of the ship - never thought it would be there though.

I have just read a review by somebody who thought the loungers were no longer allowed - hope this is not true.

Glad that everyone was helpful! We have had aft cabins on different ships fairly recently (March of this year) and always had loungers. Have also seen postings that they were not allowed, but this has not happened to us.

By the way, noticed you were from Leeds - my original home town and birth place! Long time ago!

Enjoy your cruise.

PMcC1998 - if it is a long time since you were in Leeds you would not recognise it, certainly over the last 20 years.

Everyone always tells me that, however, I always find the main, basic city, especially downtown is still the same, although more highrise buildings. Perhaps because I was back frequently. My parents are deceased now - but prior to that I was "home" quite a bit. I also worked in the Park Row/Bond Street area at Lloyds Bank when young, so knew the city well.

Always tell friends here not to overlook the north when visiting England - Leeds has wonderful shops, market, night life, etc. Love the Royal Armourment (sp?) museum, and of course proximity to York. Maybe I am biased, but still think it is a beautiful city and well worth a visit.

Again, enjoy your cruise. We flew to Manchester last year, spent time visiting friends, and then did a transatlantic back to the U.S. Great trip!

the cabin is the same size as all the others. If you got this room as an assigned room you are very lucky. People typically book this cabin as soon as the schedules come out. Someone must have had to cancel or got upgraded

enjoy. plenty of pictures on CC of this cabin (Freedom, Indy and Liberty) all the same.

enjoy the view.:):):)

We were in 8710, a corner aft to Norway this May on Independence. We loved it! The sunloungers were there and were used each day. I didn't think the noise was any different to anywhere else on deck. The view leaving Oslo was lovely. I think I've spoilt yself for any other cruise in future...

We've booked for next year already and have one of the much mentioned aft "pole rooms" on Adventure.

Archived