Adjacent Cabins & Verandahs - Nautica

kcanada

We are interested in booking a Med cruise on Nautica in 2014 with another couple. All four of us previously traveled on Regatta and had adjoining concierge cabins. Although we did not use the adjoining door betwen rooms, the panel on our balcony was removed so we were able to share the balcony space. Does anyone know if the cabins need to be adjoining to be able to create the larger balcony space? There are not a lot of adjoining cabins still available on the cruise we are interested in. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

We are interested in booking a Med cruise on Nautica in 2014 with another couple. All four of us previously traveled on Regatta and had adjoining concierge cabins. Although we did not use the adjoining door betwen rooms, the panel on our balcony was removed so we were able to share the balcony space. Does anyone know if the cabins need to be adjoining to be able to create the larger balcony space? There are not a lot of adjoining cabins still available on the cruise we are interested in. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Opening the partition gives the occupants of both cabins access to both verandas.

Therefore, if your cabins don't adjoin, then opening the partition could not be permitted because it would give you access to someone else's veranda (and them to yours).

Yes, that's what I meant. We would like to have access to each other's cabins via the balcony...we did it last time we were on the Regatta, but our cabins we adjoining. We never used the adjoining cabin door, but enjoyed having the larger balcony and having coffee and cocktails together. There doesn't seem to be a lot adjoining cabins left on the cruise we were interested in so I was curious if adjacent cabins would work the same. Thanks!

The confusion lies with the wording

Adjacent/adjoining cabins..if you get cabin next to each other it is adjacent

Connecting cabins are ones with doors inside the cabin that you can connect to the neighbouring cabin

they are adjoining as well

Confused yet :D

Unless rules have changed, yes, you can request the balcony partition be removed between your cabins, even if you do not have interior doors connecting the cabins. Obviously, both parties need to request/approve this through housekeeping.

We are booked in a cabin with an interior door to the adjoining cabin for our next cruise, but we do NOT know the party who will be next door. Since you've stayed in one of those cabins, can you tell me if you encountered any noise issues due to that interior door? Thanks.

We are booked in a cabin with an interior door to the adjoining cabin for our next cruise, but we do NOT know the party who will be next door. Since you've stayed in one of those cabins, can you tell me if you encountered any noise issues due to that interior door? Thanks.

We have had adjoining doors a couple of times and have not noticed any noise. The first time I thought we might but didn't. The second time I never even thought about it.

We have had adjoining doors a couple of times and have not noticed any noise. The first time I thought we might but didn't. The second time I never even thought about it.

Thanks for the answer. The fact you booked a cabin with an interior door a second time tells me all I need to know.

I would not book a stateroom with an interconnecting door - we did hear noise mainly their television and one night they woke us up with a loud party early hours but the shushing made more noise than the party noise if you get my drift. We couldn't hear what they were saying but we did hear conversation. It was particularly annoying when we just wanted a quiet hour or so before getting ready for dinner and they were at home! They were part of a large group and we seemed to be smack bang in the middle of their clutch of staterooms, so maybe we were subject to more noise than might be normally expected.

I did ask about this with our TA before we sailed, and she assured me that Oceania confirmed to her that we would hear no noise at all. My answer to her was of course they would say that, she said no, if they did and then we found the opposite, she would be getting back to them. So I guess she has a challenge to deal with next week!

So if you can get a non-interconnecting stateroom, I would choose that one. :)

Consider also that the balcony partitions between normal cabins appear to be fixed permanently, whereas those between adjoining cabins with internal connecting doors may well have hinged or removable verandah dividers between the cabins.

You should ask Oceania before assuming a balcony partition can simply be removed.

Archived