Back to Back "Schadenfreude"

vandalayceo

On the other hand ....

There have been times when I've been quite sad on our turn around day and we were staying and some we had gotten to know well on the first leg were leaving. Hated saying good-bye. :(

LuLu

~~~~

Oh, I totally agree with that. We always miss people we've met on the first round, and feel a little lost that first evening at the Elite lounge in Skywalkers, looking for a familiar face and seeing none. The fun thing about the cruises we do is that we see the same people at the same time every year, and it's like having guests come to visit us at home.

On the other hand ....

There have been times when I've been quite sad on our turn around day and we were staying and some we had gotten to know well on the first leg were leaving. Hated saying good-bye. :(

LuLu

~~~~

While saying goodbye is not always a happy event, I would still rather be the one staying on and saying goodbye to the others. :)

There are far more people who wish they could take any actual vacation rather than a staycation. Yet you choose to relish in the fact that you can take multiple expensive vacations in a row.

Actually the last BtoB that inspired my posting was a Panama Canal on the Coral with an extention of 3 days to Vancouver. Staterooms were available for the equivalent of $60/night, factoring in the lower cost of a flight from Vancouver versus LA for me, and what it would cost us to live at home for 3 days I saved money.

There are far more people who wish they could take any actual vacation rather than a staycation. Yet you choose to relish in the fact that you can take multiple expensive vacations in a row.

Actually the last BtoB that inspired my posting was a Panama Canal on the Coral with an extention of 3 days to Vancouver. Staterooms were available for the equivalent of $60/night, factoring in the lower cost of a flight from Vancouver versus LA for me, and what it would cost us to live at home for 3 days I saved money.

Excellent

Archived