Laundry on the Star Princess

Mac Daddy

We were planning on packing light for our upcoming Alaska trip later this week and doing laundry in the self-service coin-op laundry machines; however, I've read that perhaps the laundry facilities are not operational during the Alaska cruises. Can anybody who has recently been on the Star to Alaska confirm whether the self service laundry is operational at any point during the cruise? Would hate to pack light and end up without enough clothes :o Many thanks!!!

I haven't sailed recently, but last year on the Star the laundries were closed for most of the cruise. From a set of Patters uploaded from the Star when it started its Alaska season, it does appear the laundries are closed the entire cruise.

A cruiser just came off Star to Alaska a few weeks ago and said (in her review here) that the self-laundry was closed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1646022&highlight=star+review

This is something that must vary by ship.

On the Island Princess last summer the self-service laundry was open the entire trip during normal hours.

A cruiser just came off Star to Alaska a few weeks ago and said (in her review here) that the self-laundry was closed. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1646022&highlight=star+review

Thanks for passing along the info. I called Princess, and while the rep wasn't positive, he thought they close the self-laundry while in Alaskan waters on the Star. I also found that someone posted the Patters from a Star trip last month, and on the first page it stated the self-laundry was closed.

I guess that I'll just have to pack a bit heavier, but better to know this going into the trip rather than finding out onboard and running out of clean clothes. Thanks again!

Archived