Suite Deposit Question

gail-s

I was re-reading the information on the Booking Vouchers that you can purchase on-board and it continually mentions "Specialty Suites". Is a Family Suite considered a "Specialty Suite" and if so, how much is the deposit typically on it?

Thanks!

All suites (S categories - not mini suites) require a $1500 deposit at the time of booking. You may use a Future Cruise Credit to offset that deposit by $250. So your initial out of pocket deposit for booking a suite is $1250.

All suites (S categories - not mini suites) require a $1500 deposit at the time of booking. You may use a Future Cruise Credit to offset that deposit by $250. So your initial out of pocket deposit for booking a suite is $1250.

Not true. It depends on the length of the cruise and the number of people in the cabin.

Not entirely accurate. I recently booked a family suite on the Dawn for this December (category SJ, 7 nights) for 3 people. The full deposit was the $250 cruise certificate. The only other thing I had/have to pay is the balance due on the final payment date in later this year. I believe the other poster is correct - any suite that is categorized by an S followed by a number requires the full deposit.

Not true. Suite categories with a 'S' followed by a letter are considered normal cabin categories in that regard and can be reserved with only FCR.

We have booked SJ suites on Dawn class with only FCR so I have first hand experience - also the NCL website referenced above is clear about this.

OP read the payment schedule as previously posted :) Also, you can do a test booking on NCL.com to see the required deposit on the final payment screen or call NCL/TA.

One Cruise Reward may be applied as a full deposit for a cruise 6+ days EXCEPT for the following

Garden Villa (Categories S1)

Courtyard Villas and Specialty Suites (Categories S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S9 and SB)

For the latter, you can apply the CR as a partial deposit and you have to pay the remaining deposit balance. The deposit amount depends on length of cruise and number of passengers, but you can only use the CR on a 6+ day sailing.

P.S. A Haven Two-bedroom Family Villa is an S4, so the Cruise Reward can only be used as a partial deposit on a 6+ day sailing.

I guess it depends on who you talk to. I booked an SC for 4 adults on the Jewel 11 months out and the deposit was $1000. NCL rep said it was a suite and required the $1000. But as I have learned the stories and rules change depending on who is on the other end of the phone.

I guess it depends on who you talk to. I booked an SC for 4 adults on the Jewel 11 months out and the deposit was $1000. NCL rep said it was a suite and required the $1000. But as I have learned the stories and rules change depending on who is on the other end of the phone.

Because PCC and TA's are never wrong right? :p

You paid $1000 deposit not because it was a specialty suite, but because the deposit is $250/pp. For the specialty suite it would have been $750/pp for the first and second passenger plus $250/pp for addition = $2000 for four, except for the GV which *starts* with a deposit of $5000 ... That's like four cruises! :eek:

Archived