The Glory

msstarr22

I am curious, I see tons of threads about all of the ships but when it comes to the Glory I can only find a few. I sailed the Glory last year and am sailing her again this fall. Why is it there is so little information about the Glory? Is she not as popular as other ships? Why? I enjoyed the Glory the same as the Freedom yet it seems as though not as many people write about them. Inquiring minds would like to know?:confused:

We sailed Glory in January- Booked again for August.

We sailed after her dry dock- (a reason we booked again)

did you cruise Glory BEFORE or After November of last year?

Hello Serene 56, it looks like we are going to be going on the same cruise as you in August..we are going in September. So please tell me as many details as you can because we have no idea what we are going to do. Our roll call is pretty quiet right now.

We sailed Glory in January- Booked again for August.

We sailed after her dry dock- (a reason we booked again)

did you cruise Glory BEFORE or After November of last year?

I am curious, I see tons of threads about all of the ships but when it comes to the Glory I can only find a few. I sailed the Glory last year and am sailing her again this fall. Why is it there is so little information about the Glory? Is she not as popular as other ships? Why? I enjoyed the Glory the same as the Freedom yet it seems as though not as many people write about them. Inquiring minds would like to know?:confused:

I'll be writing a full review with photos after I get back from my 4-day cruise on the Glory to Saint John, NB Canada! I leave Sunday!

Hello Serene 56, it looks like we are going to be going on the same cruise as you in August..we are going in September. So please tell me as many details as you can because we have no idea what we are going to do. Our roll call is pretty quiet right now.

my roll call is quiet too as is the one after me-- (I rolled on several- mainly because i am interested in what to do in the ports-- and carnival excursions are a LOT of money.

for the 5 nights I am wondering when Formal nights will be. and what menu they do away with.

I do have my favorites from each night--lol

Sailed the Glory 5 Day Canada two years ago, back in August for 4 day one port of call even the same as two years ago. Will check out and enjoy the 2.0 upgrades.

FWIW

283212_252610508084837_1880803_n.jpg

What bridge is the Glory going under in the pic?

What bridge is the Glory going under in the pic?

. It takes about 1/2 hour to reach the Statue. Another 1/2 hour beyond the Statue you will sail under the Verrazano Narrows Bridge. I like to recommend going up to one of the higher decks to sail under the bridge. Sailing time is scheduled for 4, but my experience is that the ship seldom sails right on time so if you'd like to be on deck for sailing under the bridge,

my roll call is quiet too as is the one after me-- (I rolled on several- mainly because i am interested in what to do in the ports-- and carnival excursions are a LOT of money.

for the 5 nights I am wondering when Formal nights will be. and what menu they do away with.

I do have my favorites from each night--lol

Sorry Serene I did not take pics of the menus so I can't help you with that one.

5 day one elegant night the first sea day.

You could always rent a car in both ports and site see yourself. There is an Avis a couple of blocks up from the pier. In Halifax there are a couple of different ones across the street from the terminal. One in the train terminal and one in the lobby of the hotel (thrifty). Halifax has tons to do within walking distance for many interests.

We rented a car and visited family around Saint John so I can't tell you much about what to do in that port. But Halifax is full of wonderful tourist places, Peggy's Cove, Swiss Air monument, Fairview Cemetary has graves from the titanic and a monument to the Halifax explosion victims. (If you just plan on walking from the ship), the boardwalk has all kinds of sites to see there is a museum "Atantic Maritime" along the boardwalk. I thought it was a rip off for what they had (but we went in the last 20 minutes so they didn't charge us, but another passenger loved it and thought it was very interesting and informative, so like everything else it is subjective. Alexander Keith's Brewery tours (guides in period costume) is within walking distance as well.

Our roll call was very quiet as well.

do you remember what you had for dessert each night..lol

Thats easy we didn't LOL.

Actually the first night DH ordered the chocolate melting cake, just because it had such great reviews on CC by past cruisers. I had a couple of bites. We are not big sweet eaters.

Just got back a week ago from the 4 day with a stop at Saint John. Had a fantastic trip. Any questions?

yep- here they are:

what time did Glory leave the first day?

and how long does it take to get to the statue.

yep- here they are:

what time did Glory leave the first day?

and how long does it take to get to the statue.

We left at 5:00.

Statue? Do you mean the Statue of Liberty? We left from Boston, so I can't answer that one.

Just got back a week ago from the 4 day with a stop at Saint John. Had a fantastic trip. Any questions?

On four day was there an elegant night the first full sea day?

Thanks.

As to SOL, it takes about 30 minutes once you start heading down the Hudson to get to the Statue, don't be in such a hurry you have the great manhattan skyline watching the Freedom Tower grow and don't forget little old New Jersey and some historic waterfront items like Delaware, Lackawanna and Western Railroad Company ferry terminal, Colgate Clock etc.

Sorry a little blurry, rushed shot:

lak.jpg

Don't forget Staten Island Ferry

sif.jpg

sol.jpg

We sailed on the Glory in May and my only theory of why so few pictures is those of us on it were too busy having an awesome time and forgot picture taking half the time, and the pictures we did take made us too sad about no longer being onboard to post them after we got home! ;)

~Katy

Archived