FLL stores

MIZZ_K

Are there any stores between the airport and the port? I'm taking a taxi from the airport to the port and thought maybe I could stop to get some soda to bring on board, it's not a big deal because I have no problem drinking the free lemonade and iced tea, but would like to have a soda or vitamin water without paying ship prices.

Are there any stores between the airport and the port? I'm taking a taxi from the airport to the port and thought maybe I could stop to get some soda to bring on board, it's not a big deal because I have no problem drinking the free lemonade and iced tea, but would like to have a soda or vitamin water without paying ship prices.

There are tons of stores on 17th Street (on the way to the port). Just ask your taxi driver to stop at Walgreens, which is one block before the entrance to the cruise port. (this is very common for them to do so.) Have a great time.

As mentioned there are many stores on 17th street. Just mention it to the taxi driver as soon as you are picked up and tell him the store you want to go to. Understand the meter will be running so be quick at the store.

Keith

Thank you for your replies and yes I understand that the meter will be running, and I know what I want so it's not like I will be walking around shopping, Vitamin water I can get before I leave home and put it in my suitcase like I did on my last 2 cruises and then transfer to my carry on, I bring 4 or 5 bottles with me.

All I need to get is a 6 Pk of Pepsi for me and a 6pk of Sprite for my granddaughter,( neither of us will drink a 12 Pk )

I assume that you are taking a taxi from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport to Port Everglades, am I correct? If so, the shops on SE 17th Street are NOT on the way to the port from the airport. The Walgreens on SE 17th Street is adjacent to one entrance of Port Everglades, but, from the airport, you have to overshoot the closest port entrance to get to that 17th street Walgreens. That said, I would ask my taxi driver to stop at the Walgreens that is on the corner of SW 4th Ave and State Road 84 in Fort Lauderdale. There is an entrance to Port Everglades right on SR 84, give or take a mile east of this Walgreens. This Walgreens is also easy to get to from the north side of the Perimeter Road that encircles the airport.

I assume that you are taking a taxi from Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood Airport to Port Everglades, am I correct? If so, the shops on SE 17th Street are NOT on the way to the port from the airport. The Walgreens on SE 17th Street is adjacent to one entrance of Port Everglades, but, from the airport, you have to overshoot the closest port entrance to get to that 17th street Walgreens. That said, I would ask my taxi driver to stop at the Walgreens that is on the corner of SW 4th Ave and State Road 84 in Fort Lauderdale. There is an entrance to Port Everglades right on SR 84, give or take a mile east of this Walgreens. This Walgreens is also easy to get to from the north side of the Perimeter Road that encircles the airport.

Yes,I'm taking a taxi from the airport to the port, buying soda is no big deal, I just thought if we passed one on the way I could stop.

You could end up spending an extra $20 to save $20....as Cruisecontrol has said, you have to go out of your way to stop at the stores, as there is a much closer port entrance to the airport. If you do decide to stop, The CVS on the corner of US1 and 17th St might have the shortest lines. I'm not sure if they sell 6 packs though...I've only seen individual bottles and 12 packs. You might have to go to Publix or Winn-Dixie to get 6 packs.

You could end up spending an extra $20 to save $20....as Cruisecontrol has said, you have to go out of your way to stop at the stores, as there is a much closer port entrance to the airport. If you do decide to stop, The CVS on the corner of US1 and 17th St might have the shortest lines. I'm not sure if they sell 6 packs though...I've only seen individual bottles and 12 packs. You might have to go to Publix or Winn-Dixie to get 6 packs.

Not trying to go out the way,like I said,if there was one on the way I would stop, but seems like there isn't so I can do without, it's no biggie, thanks.

My original post was because I was coming in the day of the cruise, but due to circumstances with my knee where I'm going to be out of work for a month or so,I changed my flight and am coming in a day earlier, so now I can go buy drinks before the cruise.

My original post was because I was coming in the day of the cruise, but due to circumstances with my knee where I'm going to be out of work for a month or so,I changed my flight and am coming in a day earlier, so now I can go buy drinks before the cruise.

That's good that you can go a day early now, although it sounds unfortunate that it may be due to an injury. I hope your knee problem clears up for you.

You might as well stay by 17th St where the stores are then...hotel rates are very reasonable in the summer. I hope that you are healed soon!

You might as well stay by 17th St where the stores are then...hotel rates are very reasonable in the summer. I hope that you are healed soon!

Thank you and I booked a room at Embassy Suites.

That is correct

Archived