HELP! Carnival moved our ship & rebooked us on another!

I just looked up this cruise & it has 6 sea days..what on earth will you do?

It's called relaxing..........

If you never been on a long cruise with lots of sea days such as a

Transatlantic. You don't know what you are missing.

We did not receive an email about this move either, we were booked on Sunshine for 4/27/14 cruise from NO, guess we will be on the Dream, we have sailed on Dream before and it was a nice ship, was just looking forward to the Sunshine, but I can deal with the change as long as I'm on a cruise!!

Hey Mama, Did you sail on the Dreamin cruise, 11/6/10? We did.:D Best cruise I have been on so far.

pa beach... If you post your email I will forward the one that I got with all the info.

I also have not received an e-mail and have checked all my folders. To top it off my PVP is on vacation! Could you forward me a copy of the e-mail as well? Thinking we will stay on the Sunshine but would I would like to know all of our options at this point.

Twospoiledbyme@yahoo.com

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Forums mobile app

In reading the Carnival email, no I didn't get one yet, but thank you to the CC member that forwarded to me, it says it will protect your rate on a different cruise on a different ship on a comparable sailing. Does that mean that I could go to any other 8 day cruise on any other ship or does it have to be one with similar ports and not have to pay the difference for a similar type cabin,. My TA is worthless and Carnival won't talk to me because I booked through a travel agent. I want to try and complete this in one more phone call as it agitates me to talk to someone that has no idea.

In reading the Carnival email, no I didn't get one yet, but thank you to the CC member that forwarded to me, it says it will protect your rate on a different cruise on a different ship on a comparable sailing. Does that mean that I could go to any other 8 day cruise on any other ship or does it have to be one with similar ports and not have to pay the difference for a similar type cabin,. My TA is worthless and Carnival won't talk to me because I booked through a travel agent. I want to try and complete this in one more phone call as it agitates me to talk to someone that has no idea.

When you book through a TA, CCL will not work with you directly, unfortunately...Is there another TA at that agency you can speak with? Go over his/her head to a manager and tell whoever it is that your cruise was cancelled and you need them to speak with someone in Carnival's redeployment department. I'm telling you this is the only way to get this straightened out...been there/done it 2 weeks ago.

Called our PVP today, he moved us back to Lido on Dream, (which I had booked on the Sunshine ), dropped our price by about $260, and we got $100 obc!! He is always so helpful with any issue we have.

Ok, I was booked on the Dream for July of next year cabin 9472 its an AFT balcony. Im not sure what catogory it is or anything. So my question is now that I will be on the Sunshine ship what room is comparible? Just trying to get the best deal since it a different class of ship.

If it helps I also have three other cabins :9454,9478, 9470

Can anyone help me with this?

With a little "muscle," you can get Carnival to book you on the 8 day Sunshine itinerary at the same rate as your cancelled cruise. We were originally booked leaving April 27 out of NOLA, now leaving April 19 out of Port Canaveral.

We just canceled our cruise.... we were on the Dream in 2 cove balcony cabins that connect on the inside. Sunshine does not have these type of cabins and the cabins we were assigned would not work. After spending hours on the phone yesterday and being told we would have to pay about $500 to get connecting rooms we slept on it and canceled today.

We were on a cruise last month on the Fascination and did not enjoy it as much as our past Carnival Cruises. So this latest change and our cruise last month made us decide not to spend upwards of $6000 on a cruise in rooms that would not be acceptable.

Hopefully the full credit will be issued in a timely manner as stated in the letter we received. We were able to book a comparable cruise on another line for the same dates with our room choices for almost the same amount of money. We will try Carnival again in the future but just was really disappointed to not be able to have the rooms we wanted. We book for PORTS of Call and the type of rooms we can get.

J4 - does the Breeze do the same itinerary? We were able to keep the type of room we had on the Dream and the same itinerary, with price protection to the Breeze. It was just a different week - everything else stayed the same. If it does, perhaps that will work for you - you could keep the connecting coves!

J4 - does the Breeze do the same itinerary? We were able to keep the type of room we had on the Dream and the same itinerary, with price protection to the Breeze. It was just a different week - everything else stayed the same. If it does, perhaps that will work for you - you could keep the connecting coves!

We could not find anything with the same itinerary that would work. We are now booked on the soon to be released NCL- Getaway. It looks like a great ship. We bounce back and forth between NCL and Carnival. Hopefully we will get to cruise a cove in the near future.

We just got our confirmation, we got switched to the Breeze, Aruba itinerary, which was quite a bit more money for the same price we paid for the Dream. Got the same cabin type and deck, a 4J on the Lido deck the only thing we had to pay was the difference in taxes. We were shocked our travel agent got this for us. I was ready to put up an argument and didn't have to!

I wish I would have gotten an email, if I had I would know exactly what is going on. I have read so many different things I don't know what is right. We were booked on the Dream and now we are on the Sunshine, I booked through a TA so I am guessing that is why I never got an email. Called my travel agent and they didn't even know what was going on.

Call up Carnival direct, we are now on March 23. I think that all the new dining/drinking will be fun!

We just got our confirmation, we got switched to the Breeze, Aruba itinerary, which was quite a bit more money for the same price we paid for the Dream. Got the same cabin type and deck, a 4J on the Lido deck the only thing we had to pay was the difference in taxes. We were shocked our travel agent got this for us. I was ready to put up an argument and didn't have to!

We switched to the Glory and we got to keep the same price and taxes. The taxes were almost double so that is where we saved the most money. I would call back and see.

Give the Dream a chance. it is a great ship. We have been on it three times. Had a great time each time. Sill looks new. Spotlessly clean.

Food is good. Great Breakfasts I think..salad bar great....

I think you might like the Dream.

I feel the same way. We were looking forward to being on the Dream..Now the Sunshine...is there.

We switched to the Glory and we got to keep the same price and taxes. The taxes were almost double so that is where we saved the most money. I would call back and see.

The taxes were only like $30 more total, the savings on changing to the Breeze was quite a bit, realizing that there will probably be price drops booking that far out but I don't see them going down as low as we got it.

didn't you get an email on this? They have options and you should not have to pay more unless you are upgrading :confused:

We were booked on the Sunshine out of NO on 4/27 and they put us on the Dream.. I was not happy cuz we really really wanted to be on the Sunshine...

So now we are booked on the 11 day repositioning of the Sunshine from New Orleans to Port Canaveral :D

Cost was approx. 240.00 more each..... but we went from a 7 day cruise to an 11 day cruise :p and we each got the 50.00 OBC (100.00 total) book in the same SPA room we had for 4/27 :D

I am a wicked happy camper now.. :cool:

When is this 11-day repositioning cruise ?? :D

Give the Dream a chance. it is a great ship. We have been on it three times. Had a great time each time. Sill looks new. Spotlessly clean.

Food is good. Great Breakfasts I think..salad bar great....

I think you might like the Dream.

I feel the same way. We were looking forward to being on the Dream..Now the Sunshine...is there.

We booked for the Sunshine. It has all the new restaurants and the Dream doesn't. Maybe another time but our heart was set on the Sunshine out of NOLA not the Dream. We booked it in March of 2012 so it came as a real surprise since the bookings had been open for well over a year.

Archived