HELP! Carnival moved our ship & rebooked us on another!

We picked the cruise ship that we wanted with the itinerary we wanted from the port we wanted. Sounds like a perfect plan until this morning I checked on it and they moved the Sunshine to another port and put us on the Dream. Now if we want to change the date they want us to pay the difference...What the heck!

didn't you get an email on this? They have options and you should not have to pay more unless you are upgrading :confused:

We were booked on the Sunshine out of NO on 4/27 and they put us on the Dream.. I was not happy cuz we really really wanted to be on the Sunshine...

So now we are booked on the 11 day repositioning of the Sunshine from New Orleans to Port Canaveral :D

Cost was approx. 240.00 more each..... but we went from a 7 day cruise to an 11 day cruise :p and we each got the 50.00 OBC (100.00 total) book in the same SPA room we had for 4/27 :D

I am a wicked happy camper now.. :cool:

didn't you get an email on this? They have options and you should not have to pay more unless you are upgrading :confused:

We were booked on the Sunshine out of NO on 4/27 and they put us on the Dream.. I was not happy cuz we really really wanted to be on the Sunshine...

So now we are booked on the 11 day repositioning of the Sunshine from New Orleans to Port Canaveral :D

Cost was approx. 240.00 more each..... but we went from a 7 day cruise to an 11 day cruise :p and we each got the 50.00 OBC (100.00 total) book in the same SPA room we had for 4/27 :D

I just looked up this cruise & it has 6 sea days..what on earth will you do?

I'm so happy for you! I will work it out but I was just shocked...I put a lot of thought into this trip and I didn't get any notification from Carnival. I don't know why I did not get an email but who knows, I'm just mad because I spoke with Carnival today and they wanted me to pay the difference if I changed the date. I will try again tomorrow I'm hoping that a supervisor or manager will let me change it to another date at the same price.

I had not even yet booked Sunshine, but planned on it, so Im really dissapointed that they are changing out this ship so fast.

I can already do Magic out of Galveston, which is a better Dream class, so I wanted to try Sunshine, not Dream.

OP it was a surprise to everyone. There were several threads about this yesterday. Big Surprise/Dissapointment for me. .. and I was not even yet booked on Sunshine, now I would have to fly to cruise on her.

We did not receive an email about this move either, we were booked on Sunshine for 4/27/14 cruise from NO, guess we will be on the Dream, we have sailed on Dream before and it was a nice ship, was just looking forward to the Sunshine, but I can deal with the change as long as I'm on a cruise!!

I'm so happy for you! I will work it out but I was just shocked...I put a lot of thought into this trip and I didn't get any notification from Carnival. I don't know why I did not get an email but who knows, I'm just mad because I spoke with Carnival today and they wanted me to pay the difference if I changed the date. I will try again tomorrow I'm hoping that a supervisor or manager will let me change it to another date at the same price.

My notification from Carnival (I booked direct) gave me the option of rescheduling my cruise on any comparable cruise (even different ship) up until Dec '14 with rate protection. Not sure why you would need to pay more unless you are trying to upgrade.

We got bumped the other way. Got moved from the Dream to the Sunshine, but at least we did get notified. I have zero interest in the sunshine, and the breeze is the only Dream class ship that now did the itinerary we wanted. So, I had my facts straight referencing the price protection and rescheduling noted, and was able to switch to the breeze, kept the price I paid ($300 pp lower than the current breeze rate) AND kept the OBC. So, be persistent and reference what they indicated your options are, and likely you'll succeed.

We picked the cruise ship that we wanted with the itinerary we wanted from the port we wanted. Sounds like a perfect plan until this morning I checked on it and they moved the Sunshine to another port and put us on the Dream. Now if we want to change the date they want us to pay the difference...What the heck!

you can choose ANY 7 day cruise on any Carnival ship before Dec 2014 and pay the same price you paid for the Sunshine. i went to a way better more expensive cruise and am paying half the going rate

I wish I would have gotten an email, if I had I would know exactly what is going on. I have read so many different things I don't know what is right. We were booked on the Dream and now we are on the Sunshine, I booked through a TA so I am guessing that is why I never got an email. Called my travel agent and they didn't even know what was going on.

I'd do the Dream before the Sunshine

What makes you say that? Just asking, because I'm planning what ship to go on for next year. Wouldn't mind the sunshine to since port canaveral is a familiar port. And I wouldn't mind the Dream since I've never been to New Orleans. These changes are making my next cruise choice difficult. Lol. :confused:

I'd do the Dream before the Sunshine

the only two ports I can drive to are Galveston which has Magic and a little further New Orleans which now has Dream.

Same class of ship .. again, out of the only two ports I can drive to.

Oh yea (NOT)

I too wanted to do Sunshine.

How did this affect your flight? Was it trouble to change flights or did Carnival help you out here too?

the only two ports I can drive to are Galveston which has Magic and a little further New Orleans which now has Dream.

Same class of ship .. again, out of the only two ports I can drive to.

Oh yea (NOT)

I too wanted to do Sunshine.

Sounds like us. We live almost directly centered to both ports. 3 hours to New Orleans and 3 hrs 15-20 minutes to Galveston.

Monkeys On Board,

Check your spam email. I was on the 4/27 sailing and Fri so the PR on John's FB. Was aggravated that I was not notified. Then checked spam and found the email.

Basically you can switch to any 7-day at your booked rate. We stayed on the Sunshine and re-booked a couple of weeks earlier. You can do the same.

But check out the repositioning cruise from NOLA to PO. I would love six sea days on an 11-day cruise. The price is awesome, but I have a time conflict.

How did this affect your flight? Was it trouble to change flights or did Carnival help you out here too?

Carnival offered to pay any change fees necessary for changes and refund any portion of non-refundable air fares if flights had to be cancelled.

RELAX!!! and enjoy the ship... on the last 3 cruises I have been on we had lots of ports and not enough sea days.. needless to say I was beat when we got home and needed a vacation!! :eek:

Going to love all the sea days just so we can sit back and relax and enjoy one of the biggest serenity's Carnival has... :)

I hear you.. that's how I felt when I found out what they did :mad: Do you have a PVP ? I love my PVP she helped me out as soon as I found out what was going on... she is the bestest :) Good luck .. hope you get a good supervisor that finds you what you need.. :D

we didn't have our flights or hotel booked yet.. wicked happy about that as I was in the process of looking for a hotel.. :) But the email did say that Carnival would pay any non-refundable $$ on flights and hotel .

IMPORTANT:

To all of you displaced by the change, try this if you are getting a run-around..

I recently had a similar issue with RCI. Our 9 days cruise was cancelled. They gave us options (sailings to choose from. Five options in all). We chose a 12 day and got OBC on top of 3 extra days, all with price protection. HOWEVER, getting it booked was a bit of a hassle. In order to get someone who knows what they are doing, and what you were promised, you need to speak to the REDEPLOYMENT manager. A regular CS person is not going to be much help. if you booked through a TA, have them call and speak with redeployment.

Did a Hawaii cruise with 9 sea days...bliss.

If you don't mind basic relaxation for that long, it's very nice. if you need things to do, being on a Carnival ship with that many sea days isn't good. For us, on that particular cruise it worked.

Archived