specialty Resturant - Tips

tammi0916

Hello -

If you pre-book your specialty resturants and pre-pay for them does that include the tip or will you still need to pay the tip?

Thanks so much!!

Tam

Does not include any tip you may desire to give. If you order any drinks in the restaurant you will get a slip to sign anyway just for the drinks where you could add it on.

If you pre-book your specialty resturants and pre-pay for them does that include the tip or will you still need to pay the tip?

There is no mandatory tipping for cover charges (the servers are included in DSC pool, just like in MDRs), so there is no tip included in cover charge either way you book. For drinks there is automatic 15% gratuity added to the bill.

Thanks so much for the info! Just wanted to know as it seems all cruise lines are different - when you eat at CCL steak house the tip is included (of course you can tip extra if service is great) but wanted to makes sure I knew for sure!

Thanks,

Tammi

Thanks so much for the info! Just wanted to know as it seems all cruise lines are different - when you eat at CCL steak house the tip is included (of course you can tip extra if service is great) but wanted to makes sure I knew for sure!

NCL and CCL are the same in this regard, only difference is the wording. As wait staff in every restaurant is included in the DSC (Daily Service Charge) pool, the tip is included where ever you eat and you don't have to pay extra tips to wait staff, but you can if you want. CCL just says it differently but it works the same way.

NCL and CCL are the same in this regard, only difference is the wording. As wait staff in every restaurant is included in the DSC (Daily Service Charge) pool, the tip is included where ever you eat and you don't have to pay extra tips to wait staff, but you can if you want. CCL just says it differently but it works the same way.

thanks for the clarification - that makes sense to me!

Tammi

Thanks,

Tammi

This IS the same case with NCL

If you do choose to leave something additional, I'd leave it as cash on the table. If you included it on a check you sign for drinks you have in the restaurant, I think it might go to the bar staff instead of your servers.

Archived