Ladies, describe your ideal outfit for a long plane ride

Well that's the thing ..... It's actually to keep your teeth intact for dental records purposes ' in the unlikely event ' .....

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I worked for a forensic engineer for many years. There was quite a bit of gallows humor in that office. For instance, do you know what a motorcycle helmet is for? It's to keep the head and face intact so there can be an open casket at the funeral.

Well that's the thing ..... It's actually to keep your teeth intact for dental records purposes ' in the unlikely event ' .....

It eases the nausea I feel on those really windy landings. I might die anyhow, but at least it won't be due to asphyxiation on my own vomit.

It eases the nausea I feel on those really windy landings. I might die anyhow, but at least it won't be due to asphyxiation on my own vomit.

OMG I am truly a sicko because that made me laugh out loud.

Read a book called ' the tombstone imperative ' amazing reading !!

If I read this, will I ever fly again? It's a long drive from CA to FL!

I personally think its a book everybody should read , no it won't put you off air travel but its a heck of a read

It looks like it's out of print, but I ordered a used copy for just a few $$

In light of the recent Asiana plane crash reconsider what you are wearing for your flights.

Wear something that can easily slide down the emergency shoot.

Synthetics melt, heels/wedges will need to be taken off or they will get caught, flip flops/sandals can be lost. Would hate to be running barefoot on a hot debris filled tarmac with a dress melted onto my body.

Cotton and wool are best.

Thoughts go out to all the survivors of the plane crash.

Elastic waist pants in a fabric that looks like dress pants and a loose, dressy blouse. I've discovered that just like everywhere else, if you look professional or at least "nice" you always get better service in the airports. This can be an important point if things go wrong. I also wear slip on (and off) loafers and I carry a white cardigan in case it gets cold.

I like elastic waistband cotton knit stretch pants with pockets, a soft 3/4 sleeve shirt and a thin fleece. I always wear compression stockings and my Merrill wave clogs. Sometimes I also wear my vest of many pockets as everything is right there at fingertips like MP3 player, earphones, tissue, face wipes etc. Always another outfit in totebag part of my carryon along with books, kindle, snacks, handsanitizer, extra batteries, water bottle and water steripen, and medications. Wear a smile and bring a ton of patience. :D

Elastic waist pants in a fabric that looks like dress pants and a loose, dressy blouse. I've discovered that just like everywhere else, if you look professional or at least "nice" you always get better service in the airports. This can be an important point if things go wrong. I also wear slip on (and off) loafers and I carry a white cardigan in case it gets cold.

This is so true! Not just in airports, but department stores, etc!

This is so true! Not just in airports, but department stores, etc!

So true and then you feel better and are more confident when you look at least a little put together. I'm retired now so "dressing up" for lunch or to shop is much more fun than it was when working. Comfortable does not have to be sloppy. And all my travel items to be considered for the suitcase must be comfortable, matchable to the other items, lightweight (layers and also because I can carry only 40 pounds realistically in the airport/hotel/car trunk etc.). Sort of find your perfect travel uniform and stick with it.

:D

Archived