Ladies, describe your ideal outfit for a long plane ride

I have never heard of lululemon so I did what I always do and went

to GOOGLE:D....Google is your friend;)

Looks like they average about 100.00 for a pair of pants.....they

better feel good for that price.

I got mine at a good thrift store, and they were still $20. They are really comfy, and fit like a dream though. Plus they make my butt look good, so an added bonus! Good idea about the extra T-shirt and socks, though. Thanks.

Just getting ready for bed. We get up at 4:45 for our very long trip to London!

Comfortable and warm. Invariably you spill something and dark colours hide it better. On long haul flights you can get very cold - a warm jacket and extra socks. Be careful about taking your shoes off, you may have trouble getting them back on if your feet swell. I suggest a blow up pillow, slightly inflated, to sit on as 12 hours on a narrow seat can get very uncomfortable!

Comfortable and warm. Invariably you spill something and dark colours hide it better. On long haul flights you can get very cold - a warm jacket and extra socks. Be careful about taking your shoes off, you may have trouble getting them back on if your feet swell. I suggest a blow up pillow, slightly inflated, to sit on as 12 hours on a narrow seat can get very uncomfortable!

For the foot issue: After a nasty accident with my one leg and ankle, I now use an inflatable foot rest when I fly coach. I also have some compression sleeves, not compression socks. The inflatable foot rest I got through Magellans catalog. It brings my legs up enough to not get cut off by the seat angle. I'm 5'8" so I can only imagine what it feels like for those of you shorter than I. I can also do a little "cat pawing" with my feet to move them around on the foot rest. I really haven't had much issue with feet swelling since I started doing this.

Most of our traveling is to Florida ... I usually wear yoga pants ... actually capri's that had to zippered pockets a soft cotton tee shirt and socks with sneakers - I've worn sandals before, but prefer my sneakers. I usually have a pashmina tucked away in my bag and will use that to curl up in. Jan

For the foot issue: After a nasty accident with my one leg and ankle, I now use an inflatable foot rest when I fly coach. I also have some compression sleeves, not compression socks. The inflatable foot rest I got through Magellans catalog. It brings my legs up enough to not get cut off by the seat angle. I'm 5'8" so I can only imagine what it feels like for those of you shorter than I. I can also do a little "cat pawing" with my feet to move them around on the foot rest. I really haven't had much issue with feet swelling since I started doing this.

I do similar movements. I don't bring a footrest, I just use my carry on. I often travel with a duffel that is just the right height. I'd the person next to me needs to get out, I slide it back under the seat in front of me.

I'm also a fan of the maxi dress with a light sweater and casual flat sandals. I already have an idea of what I'll be wearing for the two flights during my next cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using the Cruise Critic App

I do similar movements. I don't bring a footrest, I just use my carry on. I often travel with a duffel that is just the right height. I'd the person next to me needs to get out, I slide it back under the seat in front of me.

Since my carryon usually contains my DSLR in it, it's not the most comfy to put underfoor ;) The inflatable is really nice - it is slightly angled on the top for a small simulation of a foot rest bar (you understand what I mean, right?) If the person in the window seat or the middle seat next to me (if a 2 or 3 row) wants to get up, I can just push it behind my legs. Deflates in a second and I can either roll it and put it in the provided stuff bag or I can put it flat in my daypack against the back of it.

When I travel Business, I don't have to bring it ;)

I am not a dress gal for flights.....but thankfully that is why we are

all different:D:);).

I am flying from here to NJ next month and it is direct and only about

2 hours! Wooohoooo!!!!!!!!:D. Then I am sailing to Bermuda.....an

even BIGGER WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!:)

I looked up Lululemon yoga pants because so many of you have mentioned them and much to my surprise found MANY articles about them being sued for making see through yoga pants!!!:eek: There were pictures that I didn't want to see! :o Better bend over in front of someone you trust to tell you if yours are see through too!

I'm sticking with my thick knit pants! :D

http://money.cnn.com/2013/07/03/news/companies/lululemon-yoga-lawsuit/index.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/07/02/lululemon-sued-sheer-yoga-pants_n_3536835.html

Here's one picture that is the least offensive:

Took it down because of copyright comment...

This gives you the idea:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQxCYvoMTk84Hed5siQFoXEWNLOZMWeioDw-F8i2lmkFj6Br-LJ

Modesty still trumps comfort IMHO!:)

Since my carryon usually contains my DSLR in it, it's not the most comfy to put underfoor ;) The inflatable is really nice - it is slightly angled on the top for a small simulation of a foot rest bar (you understand what I mean, right?) If the person in the window seat or the middle seat next to me (if a 2 or 3 row) wants to get up, I can just push it behind my legs. Deflates in a second and I can either roll it and put it in the provided stuff bag or I can put it flat in my daypack against the back of it.

When I travel Business, I don't have to bring it ;)

I disassemble my DSLR into three pieces--body, lens, and grip, and each goes into it's own padded bag in the duffle which does the trick. :)

I agree with the comfy black yoga pants - but not capris - cuz bottom of legs might get chilly in the aircraft.

I also dress for comfort on an overnight flight - of course my hope is to sleep but that doesn't really happen for me :(....I wear genie-type bra (no underwires!), comfy undies, very soft bamboo socks, my runners a short sleeve dark colored v-neck t-shirt (never wear white or light colors in case of spillage) - I have a grey one I like with a bit of bling on it, my runners and a hoodie....

Last yr I brought an inflatable pillow which I never used....and airline (BA) did provide pillow and blanket at each seat....

For this week's flight I wore Chico's Znergy pants with a Pure Jill tank and wrap style cotton jacket. For shoes I normally wear something that I can slip out if easily for security, but this time I wore sandals and put a pair of socks in my bag.

I don't usually wear capris or cropped pants on long haul flights because I like to wear compression stockings. However on the last flight back from London I did. We were in an exit row seat and it was freezing. The flight attendant gave me three blankets - all in sealed bags. I will bring a few brand new magazines on board (Bazaar, Style and OK always seem to be well received) and offer those to the flight attendants when I'm done with them. That sometimes gets a nice blanket from First Class ;).

I have a go to outfit for flying. Black comfy stretch pants, black 3/4 sleeve top. Black compression hose, black flats , lightweight jacket ( if it is chilly or I can use it as a pillow ). Usually a colorful scarf to accessories so I don't look like I am in mourning :) My backpack as a purse, and my carry on wheeled bag. Just works for me. I am a short person , so the maxi dresses don't work for me.

Cori

For this week's flight I wore Chico's Znergy pants with a Pure Jill tank and wrap style cotton jacket. For shoes I normally wear something that I can slip out if easily for security, but this time I wore sandals and put a pair of socks in my bag.

I don't usually wear capris or cropped pants on long haul flights because I like to wear compression stockings. However on the last flight back from London I did. We were in an exit row seat and it was freezing. The flight attendant gave me three blankets - all in sealed bags. I will bring a few brand new magazines on board (Bazaar, Style and OK always seem to be well received) and offer those to the flight attendants when I'm done with them. That sometimes gets a nice blanket from First Class ;).

Look into the Zensah compression sleeves for your legs. If you can use these instead of your compression socks (like, if your MD has given you specific compression ratio you need), you can wear whatever you like on flight! You can slip them on once you get to your seat, and take them off just prior to landing. I've been using them (I have the bright pink ones) for a few years now and I definitely notice a difference. Plenty of websites out there to choose from for them!

The crash at SFO is just a reminder that not only do we need to be comfortable, but we need to wear clothes that will allow us to react in emergencies. :eek: Flip flops or high heels would not be the best choices for climbing out of a burning plane. Also a good reason to keep your feet clear of "stuff" on take off and landing! :cool:

I always hear about people getting cold on planes, but that's never happened to me. I even had a very light jacket with me last month just in case, but no such luck. However, we fly to HI in a few days, and a girl can hope.

Looking forward to a 271/2 hour plane ride Sydney to Madrid on July 19 will be wearing most comfortable long black pants and loose long soft shirt with slip on/off ballet shoes the most comfortable clothes I can find plus the trusty Pashmina!!

The crash at SFO is just a reminder that not only do we need to be comfortable, but we need to wear clothes that will allow us to react in emergencies. :eek: Flip flops or high heels would not be the best choices for climbing out of a burning plane. Also a good reason to keep your feet clear of "stuff" on take off and landing! :cool:

Years ago I was told by a pilot friend to wear cotton pants and not any synthetic fabrics. Prevents skins burns if you have to slide down the emergency chutes.

I agree re cotton underwear

I'm ex crew and trust me you wouldn't want to slide down one of those slides with non cotton on!!! It was the first thing we were warned prior to our slide training!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Looking forward to a 271/2 hour plane ride Sydney to Madrid on July 19 will be wearing most comfortable long black pants and loose long soft shirt with slip on/off ballet shoes the most comfortable clothes I can find plus the trusty Pashmina!!

Oh wow...you are flying for over 24 hours?:eek:....hopefully everything

will go smoothly:)

Years ago I was told by a pilot friend to wear cotton pants and not any synthetic fabrics. Prevents skins burns if you have to slide down the emergency chutes.

I always laughed when people said they avoided synthetics in case of a fire onboard, but this recent crash made me realize that that's a valid thought. I never thought of surviving the fire, or what caused it. Not only do you not want to slide in synthetics but if you are burned at all, the synthetics will melt to your skin where natural fibers will not.

I'm guessing you don't want to know why they ask you to brace then ?!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I find myself automatically assuming a crash position when we come in on a very windy day. People might think it's weird, but someday it could save my life.

Archived