changing terminals in Chicago

sinclaj

United sells a daily flight from Toronto to New Orleans that has a plane/terminal change in Chicago. It allows just over an hour for that change and the flight is sold as one flight.

Has anyone done this? I assume we would have to go through security again since we're going from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2.

I'd appreciate any insights people have about this. Thanks.

Judy

You will not need to leave security to travel between terminals 1 and 2 ... it's an easy walk of about 5 minutes if you arrive in the B concourse and maybe 10 minutes if you arrive in the C concourse. Further, United runs a shuttle across the airfield from gate C9 in terminal 1 to gate E2 in terminal 2 ... you will remain in the secure area by riding the bus, but you will need to present your boarding pass for the onward flight to ride that shuttle. It runs continuously every 5 mnutes or so.

To get a feel for the terminal layout, check out http://www.flychicago.com/ohare/en/home/Pages/default.aspx

Be very careful traveling through O'Hare. I unfortunately travel through there a lot and find it hit or miss if you'll make your connection. An hour will be enough if everything goes as planned. Just in case, check and see when the next flight to New Orleans is... you never know, that may be the flight you are on.

But to answer your question, it's very quick/easy to move from one terminal to another (they are actually connected).

Thank you to both of you for your information. I appreciate it. I have looked at the layout you gave the link to, and I'm re-assured. I have checked out that there are other flights to New Orleans - just in case. It is the best way for us to get to our cruise next year -- and we will be flying in a day ahead.

Thanks again for the info.

Judy

Flying in a day ahead is a really good idea. I travel through ORD fairly often and have learned that distances to walk may be longer than they appear on the maps.

I try to keep moving and not to be tempted by the food for sale and the shopping (both highly tempting at ORD.) After I get to my connecting gate, I analyze my time and then decide if I have time to do some shopping. Bought a camera case at ORD this past Saturday with the time between flights. Brookstone had a case that fit my needs. Had time to repack the camera gear before boarding my onward flight.

Archived