Where to stay in Ft Lauderdale?

waldocruiser1

When you stay in Ft Lauderdale before your cruise, where do you stay?

I am posting here because our roll call and meet and greet threads are a little dead, very little interest or action.

We are staying at the Embassy suites on 17th, then taking a shuttle to Port of Miami, the next morning.

Where is a good, fun place to meet others on the cruise for dinner and drinks?

We are looking at the Bimini Boatyard bar and grill, has anyone ate there? is it a fun place with good food? From what I see on there website and the picture on Goggle maps it looks nice.

We are going on the Liberty October 12 2013, our roll call is very slow and the meet and greet is not getting much interest yet, that is why I am asking here.

Please do not move to the float away lounge, it will just kill the thread,

Thanks for all the help,

I am posting here because our roll call and meet and greet threads are a little dead, very little interest or action.

We are staying at the Embassy suites on 17th, then taking a shuttle to Port of Miami, the next morning.

We are looking at the Bimini Boatyard bar and grill, has anyone ate there? is it a fun place with good food? From what I see on there website and the picture on Goggle maps it looks nice.

We are going on the Liberty October 12 2013, our roll call is very slow and the meet and greet is not getting much interest yet, that is why I am asking here.

Thanks for all the help,

We always stay at Embassy Suites FLL and take SAS to POM....love it. My family enjoys heading to Duffy's sports bar which is right next door to the hotel.

We've stayed at the Cambria Suites Fort Lauderdale Airport South and it was nice. Walking distance to stores and restuarants. Rustic Crab Inn is a place they will shuttle you to dinner! We LOVE it there! Isn't fancy but the food is delicious if you like seafood. Ask to sit outside if you go there! ;-)

The shuttle ran efficiently in the morning to the port and we had a nice stay. We would definitly stay here again if we cruised out of FLL.

We stayed at the Renaissance on 17th this past February and walked down to Bimini Boatyard after finding out how much the drinks were in our hotel lounge! :eek:

Bimini was beautiful, had happy hour until 8pm, and had great food and atmosphere. We had a blast there.

We have stayed at the SpringHill Suites Fort Lauderdale (Dania Beach). They pick us up at the airport. They are so friendly there!! The suites are big enough to hold all our luggage. We use KSA to transport us to the Port of Miami. It was $30 roundtrip. For those going to Port Evergaldes it is $10 each way. We have stayed there twice and would recommend them. There are restaurants and shops within walking distance. Kmart sells wine. We bough some and put that in our carry-on. No problem!! Since we had a late flight, we used Rodeway Inn Fort Lauderdale Airport for a day room. It's ok for a day room rate, but I wouldn't like to stay there over night. It's clean, but old!!

Thanks for all the help,

We have stayed at the Hyatt Pier 66 twice and had a great experience both times. Check the agency that William Shattner worked for and you might get a very good price too.

Thanks for all the help,

Maybe as you get closer to sailing your roll call will pick up, I have noticed that on a few roll calls that I've been on.

I like Bimini Boatyard. I've only had good experiences there. However, people on Tripadvisor and CC have complained about the service, food, and prices. If you go with a group, it would be a good idea to call and see if they will do separated checks...otherwise it could be very awkward sharing the bill if some people order the priciest entrees or several courses. The bimini bread there is to die for.

Duffy's is fun and inexpensive and they can accomodate larger parties if you call ahead. It's right behind Embasssy Suites. The only thing I've had there that I didn't like was the sliders.

I also stay at the Embassy Suites. I enjoy going to the Southport Raw Bar. It is a short walk from the hotel and they have good seafood (excellent New England Clam Chowder) and a nice deck with a water view.

There are many places to stay.

For say one night I would go with the Embassy Suites but for those staying a few days you have so many choices but it really comes down to what you prefer (beach, etc.) and your budget.

Keith

• 3 weeks later...
We stayed at the Renaissance on 17th this past February and walked down to Bimini Boatyard after finding out how much the drinks were in our hotel lounge! :eek:

Bimini was beautiful, had happy hour until 8pm, and had great food and atmosphere. We had a blast there.

We're staying at the Renaissance in March. Looks very nice with restaurants close by, which is important as we won't have a car. How did you get to the port and what was the cost? I had booked the Princess shuttle, but I am thinking a taxi is cheaper. Thanks!

We're staying at the Renaissance in March. Looks very nice with restaurants close by, which is important as we won't have a car. How did you get to the port and what was the cost? I had booked the Princess shuttle, but I am thinking a taxi is cheaper. Thanks!

Taxi is about $10 per taxi, due to some minimum charge requirements into the port. If your ship is docked by the convention center, it's only 2 blocks from the hotel to the terminal.

Archived