Coin operated washer and dryers

Forgot to mention that there is usually one day during a 7 day cruise that Royal offers a "wash and fold' special for $25. All you can stuff in a the bag, limited to things like underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc.

This helps. Do you know which day out of the 7 days or is this totally random? Should I ask on the first day on board?

This helps. Do you know which day out of the 7 days or is this totally random? Should I ask on the first day on board?

Hi, Bostongal. This thread is four years old. That bag of wash 'n' fold laundry is now $35. :eek: ;)

You should ask your cabin steward for the bag. Sometimes it magically appears on your bed, and sometimes it doesn't.

:)

Let me guess: you're not traveling with a family.

Looking at RCI's price sheet (helpfully posted earlier in this thread), assume that each member of a 4 person family uses 1 t-shirt, 1 pair of underwear, and 1 pair of socks per day. It doesn't say, but we'll assume that the price listed for "socks" is per pair. Assume that laundry needs to be done after 4 days. And finally, assume that 1 pair of shorts, 1 "good" shirt, and 1 "good" pair of pants is used for that entire time. (Let's hope Junior doesn't spill anything at dinner!) We'll assume that we don't need to wash the pajamas. (I'm just assuming that we'll all dress like "men" so I don't have to figure out the cost for dresses, etc.)

For each person, it works out to be $5.25 per day for the t-shirts, undies, and socks, for a total of $21 for 4 days' worth. Add $10.50 for the pants and good shirt. That's $31.50 per person, or $126 for a family of 4.

One hundred and twenty six dollars. Or, I could shove it all into a single washing machine for $2, plus $2 for detergent, and then $2 for a single dryer load.

Personally, I would rather blow a few minutes loading and unloading clothes into a washer and dryer if I could save $120. YMMV.

The good shirt and pants get sent to the laundry per piece. Everything else gets packed for maximum density in the $30 bag of wash part way through the cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk