Coin operated washer and dryers

Navigator of the seas have a washer and dryer room with ironing board and iron? I have been on other lines and they have one room on each floor for guests. Knowing this would help out. Thank you.:)

There are no self-serve laundry facilities on any Royal ship.

Here's the laundry service price list:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/LaundryPriceList.pdf

Edited by clarea

Navigator of the seas have a washer and dryer room with ironing board and iron? I have been on other lines and they have one room on each floor for guests. Knowing this would help out. Thank you.:)

Sorry to disappoint you, but as has been said, there are no self-serve laundry machines on any Royal Caribbean ship. This is one of my few points of dissatisfaction with them. There is simply NO WAY I am going to pay the outrageous prices the ship's laundry charges, so my only choices are either to wash my items in the sink, or pack enough to make it through the entire cruise.

I know that Disney provides self-serve laundries, and I believe some other lines do as well. Why RCI doesn't, is a mystery to me.

Forgot to mention that there is usually one day during a 7 day cruise that Royal offers a "wash and fold' special for $25. All you can stuff in a the bag, limited to things like underwear, socks, t-shirts, etc.

Edited by clarea

Sorry to disappoint you, but as has been said, there are no self-serve laundry machines on any Royal Caribbean ship. This is one of my few points of dissatisfaction with them. There is simply NO WAY I am going to pay the outrageous prices the ship's laundry charges, so my only choices are either to wash my items in the sink, or pack enough to make it through the entire cruise.

I know that Disney provides self-serve laundries, and I believe some other lines do as well. Why RCI doesn't, is a mystery to me.

I must live in an expensive area, because Royal's prices are less than what my local dry cleaner charges.

I must live in an expensive area, because Royal's prices are less than what my local dry cleaner charges.

Sorry, I should have been more clear with my comment. I was comparing the cost of the ship's laundry service with that of a typical self-serve laundromat, not a dry cleaner. The only things I ever get dry cleaned are my suits and my bedspreads; everything else goes into the washing machine.

It is called vacation. For me I sure don't want to waste it waiting for laundry to wash and dry. JMHO.

Lots of people feel as you do, and I can certainly understand it. But on the other hand, some people (such as myself) would rather do laundry than have to bring twice as many clothes, or pay the fees for the ship to wash my clothes.

The mere presence of a laundry room does not compel you to use it, so you are free to go on enjoying your vacation. But the absence of one denies me my preference in this regard.

Trailer Park of the Seas is the only Royal ship having self serve laundry.

I'm good for a 7 day trip.

Our last 2 cruises were 12 nights and 11 nights. Luckily, we drove and filled our Sonata with luggage, case of water, anything we wanted. What an EASY way to cruise. Now I know how lucky you Floridians have it!

Next is Alaska with a week ashore before we board the Radiance. It sounds like we will meet half our Roll Call folks in the laundry room of the hotel the night before boarding.

By the way, I agree it's annoying to not have the choice to use a washer/dryer but we are still loyal to Royal. Princess used to have full size washers onboar.....haven't been in Princess in a century, however.

I'm good for a 7 day trip.

By the way, I agree it's annoying to not have the choice to use a washer/dryer but we are still loyal to Royal. Princess used to have full size washers onboar.....haven't been in Princess in a century, however.

Every Princess ship I have been on had laundry room (Golden,Dawn, Star, Ruby).

I didn't use them though, made the kids do the laundry. I say that if we pay for the cruise, then they have to take care of the laundry.

I love having a laundry room...whether in a hotel or on a ship! I've never felt laundry was much of a chore, since the machine is doing all the work!

You know they have medications out on the market........lol.

You know they have medications out on the market........lol.

Love it - we call it an alcoholic beverage

On one ship that had them the routine was - put in washer, go to bar, come back and put in dryer, go to bar - it's really good fun doing the laundry this way

Unless you are doing back to backs or TA's I would not want to be be standing in a laundry room on a cruise waiting for clothes to wash and dry. On a 7 day cruise I bring underware to change each day, A shirt to change into for dinner at night because the heat and humidity will have sweated out the shirt worn on the excursions and those are usually some type of printed t-shirts anyway, pants are usually good for more than one wear and change of socks. The dirty clothes will get washed when I get home. I don't have anything to even stand at the sink and wash!

What are we talking about, approximately $25 or $30 for laundry on a seven night cruise? Is that so much money that some folks will not sail on Royal caribbean or Celebrity because they will have to spend $25 or so dollars as opposed to whatever coins and time a shipboard laundry will cost?

Such potential passengers are so price conscious, they might not choose Royal Caribbean and Celebrity anyway, even if RCI and Celeb did have shipboard laundry facilties.

Next is Alaska with a week ashore before we board the Radiance. It sounds like we will meet half our Roll Call folks in the laundry room of the hotel the night before boarding.

FYI, we did this a couple weeks ago at the Holiday Inn Express in Seward. I was able to grab one of the two washers at I believe about 6:30 or 7 (the other was in use), and when I came back to change to the dryer, there were several people ready to pounce! Only two available:

photo-25_zps93b709f5.jpg

$3 each machine.

You will have a blast. I did a blog, linked in my signature, if you are interested. Have fun!

Edited by subtchr

What are we talking about, approximately $25 or $30 for laundry on a seven night cruise? Is that so much money that some folks will not sail on Royal caribbean or Celebrity because they will have to spend $25 or so dollars as opposed to whatever coins and time a shipboard laundry will cost?

Such potential passengers are so price conscious, they might not choose Royal Caribbean and Celebrity anyway, even if RCI and Celeb did have shipboard laundry facilties.

Let me guess: you're not traveling with a family.

Looking at RCI's price sheet (helpfully posted earlier in this thread), assume that each member of a 4 person family uses 1 t-shirt, 1 pair of underwear, and 1 pair of socks per day. It doesn't say, but we'll assume that the price listed for "socks" is per pair. Assume that laundry needs to be done after 4 days. And finally, assume that 1 pair of shorts, 1 "good" shirt, and 1 "good" pair of pants is used for that entire time. (Let's hope Junior doesn't spill anything at dinner!) We'll assume that we don't need to wash the pajamas. (I'm just assuming that we'll all dress like "men" so I don't have to figure out the cost for dresses, etc.)

For each person, it works out to be $5.25 per day for the t-shirts, undies, and socks, for a total of $21 for 4 days' worth. Add $10.50 for the pants and good shirt. That's $31.50 per person, or $126 for a family of 4.

One hundred and twenty six dollars. Or, I could shove it all into a single washing machine for $2, plus $2 for detergent, and then $2 for a single dryer load.

Personally, I would rather blow a few minutes loading and unloading clothes into a washer and dryer if I could save $120. YMMV.

Funny you should say that considering that RCCL's most exclusive, luxurious, and expensive, brand (Azamara) has them. IIRC, they don't even charge for using them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Edited by Mark_K

It is called vacation. For me I sure don't want to waste it waiting for laundry to wash and dry. JMHO.

There are others that would certainly feel differently. Put the wash in, go to the pool and have an umbrella drink, come back and put it in the dryer, then go back and get it. Not too hard to do and doesn't take more than 30 minutes away from your vacation.

Sorry, I find this comment a bit rude and elitist. While I would never do a whole load of laundry onboard, just because some cruisers have a lot of laundry and they would like to save some money doesn't make them trailer park trash. Perhaps not everybody may be fortunate enough to have your coffers that they don't care about paying for laundry that they would be able to do for cheaper on their own. For men, t-shirt/shorts/socks/underwear costs you $8.25. For women, blouse/slacks is $8. Maybe some people bring 14 different outfits in a ginormous suitcase for 7 days on a cruise, but I certainly don't. I wash what I can in the sink and let it air-dry and I find nothing wrong with that.

Where is the LIKE button!! Totally agree. Do not want to do my normal day to day things while on vacation!

Mary Anne

Sailed twice on Navigator never heard of a laundry room