Check in times

Hi! I'm new to cruising and I'll be on Oasis in less than a week! My question is are the check in times pretty consistent throughout the day when you're boarding or are they better earlier? My DH and I are debating whether to wait until our RC email said to check in around 12:30-1:00 but alot of the reviews I read everyone showed up closer to 10:30. My DH wants to wait closer until when our rooms would be ready so we don't have to roll around the luggage but I'm not a fan of big crowds so I'd hate to end up there at peak times.

Also, and totally random, what is Quest? I see that it's an activity but I have no idea what they do. Thanks so much!

We like to get in earlier and enjoy our first real day of vacation. That said, I think it's the luck of the draw of the crowds. It's really personal choice.

Quest is a game ... definitely try to go during the week when you're on board.

Hi! I'm new to cruising and I'll be on Oasis in less than a week! My question is are the check in times pretty consistent throughout the day when you're boarding or are they better earlier? My DH and I are debating whether to wait until our RC email said to check in around 12:30-1:00 but alot of the reviews I read everyone showed up closer to 10:30. My DH wants to wait closer until when our rooms would be ready so we don't have to roll around the luggage but I'm not a fan of big crowds so I'd hate to end up there at peak times.

Also, and totally random, what is Quest? I see that it's an activity but I have no idea what they do. Thanks so much!

We like to board as early as we can. That's just us. The luggage will be delivered to your room, we just put a few things into a backpack and wait for the rest of our luggage. You will not be wheeling your luggage around.

As for Quest it is an adult scavenger type show held at Studio B Ice Rink. It is pretty funny. If you want to get involved makes it more fun.

Quest is an "adult" scavenger hunt game. The audience is divided into different teams, with each team having a male and a female captain. The cruise director will then call out an item to be produced and the fist team which produces it will be awarded points, second team fewer points, etc. I say "adult" because some of the items requested, and some of the things the team captains are asked to do, are not appropriate for younger children. For instance, the CD will say "bring me a roll of toilet paper" and the first team that brings one to him gets points. CD may say "bring me a ladies bra" and you should see women whipping off their bras. Amazing how fast some women can get undressed without exposing anything!

We just sailed last week. We got to the port between 11:00 and 11:30. The parking area/drop off was a little hectic. Once inside the terminal, everything went smoothly. There were no lines at check in. We were on the ship in about 20 minutes. Our cabin (Boardwalk Balcony) was ready by 1:00 and our luggage was there by 1:30.

When we checked in for our Oasis cruise, it was about 10. We were told boarding would start around 11:15. There was some kind of delay and boarding didn't start until Noon.

There is a waiting area (picture airport seats), sorted by status. The earlier you get there, the sooner you'll be on once your status is called (assuming you're there before boarding starts). We had no status, but once on were still able to all but walk into Park Cafe for lunch (~12:25-12:30). 20 minutes later, the line was out the door and probably a 20 minute wait. While those people were waiting for their food and eating, we were able to start exploring.

We just did the July 6th cruise on Oasis. We drove to port and arrived at 10:45am. Unloaded at the curb. Tipped $2 per bag. Husband drove car to parking lot across from terminal. We were walking into terminal at 11:05am. Absolutely no line for check-in. Then took escalator to seated waiting area. By 11:30 we were walking on the ship. No problems.

As for the shows, prebook your reservations for shows ahead at home. The line for show reservations the day you get on the ship is long. With all shows we arrived about 15 minutes early just to make sure we got good seats. But there really isn't any bad seats in the Opal Theater. The only one I would recommend getting there early for is the Comedians in the Comedy Club, there are some seats that you can't see the stage from. Plus get there 30 minutes early for The Quest, you will want to be up close for that one.

Archived