"Carry On" luggage question

Jeffbhhs

We always carry on a medium sized suitcase that we have often been told we must check because it is too large to fit thru the scanner. It always fits, we have cruised from 12 or more homeports, without any problem.

And what are the dimensions of said medium-sized suitcase?

I usually take a medium case and a rolling duffle bag; check both and just carryon my tote bag. I often sail solo and trying to haul around 3 bags, even if they aren't very large, just isn't worth the effort. I'm not in THAT much of a hurry to unpack! ;)

I usually take a medium case and a rolling duffle bag; check both and just carryon my tote bag. I often sail solo and trying to haul around 3 bags, even if they aren't very large, just isn't worth the effort. I'm not in THAT much of a hurry to unpack! ;)

FTTF is now on Fantasy so either with that or P/D you can go straight to the room... In May on the Fascination we got off the elevator on upper and had another couple tell us we had to go to the Lido deck. They had to be either P/D or purchase FTTF because we were some of the first on, told them no we could go... they had been told that only FTTF could, tried to explain it to them but alas the elevator left. I hope they tried it. Right on the door is says FTTF AND Platinum/Diamond. We check everything except wine/coke/meds/documents.

It is about 26"x17"x 9" or 10"

At the risk of being attacked, let me say that I usually go straight to my cabin anyway. Being solo, and having a full carryon (which has a bottle of wine which makes it quite heavy), it's just a pain (literally) to lug it around. And if I head straight to the Lido for lunch, then I either have to stand in line with this heavy thing on my shoulder or put it at a table and hope no one walks away with it.

So, yes, I go straight to my cabin and drop it off. The cabin has always been ready except for one time. That time, I ran into my steward, told him what I wanted to do, and he told me it was perfectly ok, but just to "hide" the bag somewhere because the cabin door would still be open until he was finished.

Good to know that I now can "legally" go straight to my cabin. ;)

NavarreC - thanks for that; I may measure my medium case and just roll it on this time.

So, if you get up to the scanner and it WON'T fit, is there someone there to check it (like those nice airport people in the jetway). In Charleston, you're shuttled from the luggage dropoff to the terminal building so it's not like you could just walk back out to the curb and hand it to a porter.

We went to our cabin first when embarking in San Juan and we got there early; and I can tell you from taking our time to disembark, the cabin stewards are already turning over and preparing the rooms while guests from the previous cruise are still on the ship.

Once on Carnival (10 years ago), we had bags that we carried on the plane but that they made us check when we got to the terminal. It hasn't happened on our last two Carnival cruises though.

Archived