Does RCCL play games re:price drops

I don't think it would help because folks don't seem to grasp this concept. They think if the price drops they are entitled to the new price

Sometimes they are. It depends on the type of price drop;)

Yes, but not if it states new reservations/bookings only.

My point was, if they don't put "For New Bookings Only" next to a listed price, then the price is available to anyone who can benefit from it prior to their final booking date. Conflating two completely separate pricing practices gives people the impression that All price drops are for new bookings only, which is simply not true.

I was very excited to see a price drop this morning on my FOS balcony. I contacted my TA who in turn contacted RCCl. She was told the drop in fares only applies to new bookings. If I cancel and re book I could lose the discount on a saving certificate I used. The next thing may be you earn a discount only if you purchase 2 fares at the same time. Bummer. Have others had the same problem?

OP, I am on FOS the week after you. Made original reservations a few months ago but did book directly through RCI. I called the other day and had no problem getting price adjusted for huge price drop and applying/keeping the savings certificate. Sounds to me to be more of a TA issue.

Very true SoCalTraveler. I booked about 18 months before the Hawaii cruise and had trouble finding 4 cabins in a row for our "cruise crew". I don't feel good about waiting too long so that our crew can travel in consecutive cabins.

Almost everyday since I booked a number of months ago I checked the posted fares to see if the price had dropped. I was excited to see the $340 difference only to find out it was available to only "new bookings". I gotten price drops before. Will the price go back to the original fare or might it go down further to a lower price that I may not receive. My TA asked about the idea of re booking but was told I would be red flagged and that there was a possibility that I would lose the $150. savings cert I used. Just a bit bummed.

By the way, this was not a special Tues price.

you need to call again. You are entitled to the new price because it's so far away

you need to call again. You are entitled to the new price because it's so far away

I suggested the same near the top of this thread. It's worth a phone call. I had a substantial price drop applied on a 2014 Freedom sailing earlier this week. (Through a TA and kept all the other discounts and perks.)

That if someone on CC bought a new car then someone else bought the exact same car and got it for $100 less, they would not go running to the dealer and demand a crip new $100 bill.

"Playing games"???? Yes, it is referred to as inventory management. Maximize gross revenues while protecting the profit margin. In the simplest terms possible.......Get over it.

You make your own buying decision, if you do not like your own buying decision, none of us can do anything to resolve your problem.

Or, simply cancel your cruise and go to a KOA camp ground.

That if someone on CC bought a new car then someone else bought the exact same car and got it for $100 less, they would not go running to the dealer and demand a crip new $100 bill.

"Playing games"???? Yes, it is referred to as inventory management. Maximize gross revenues while protecting the profit margin. In the simplest terms possible.......Get over it.

You make your own buying decision, if you do not like your own buying decision, none of us can do anything to resolve your problem.

Previous Cruises: A Whole Lot

RCI Diamond Plus

Thank you for reminding me why I don't often post responses on CC. Rude much???

This is what I see for every price on their website:

Prices are per person, shown in U. S. Dollars. For new reservations only. Government taxes and fees are additional. "Deals" pricing reflects the special rate(s) you may be eligible for. Proof of eligibility required. If eligibility cannot be validated, you will be charged the standard rate or denied boarding

Hello Bob

That's EXACTLY what I believe we should be able to see on our Australian version of the RCI website. Nowhere could I find BOOKING CONDITIONS.

I undertook a "dummy" booking and AT NO TIME did I find any such wording. I then searched through the whole of the website and read all the T&C and this is the only reference I could find relating to the prices shown:

Prices on the Royal Caribbean International website are subject to availability and conditions. Although every care has been taken, the prices are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. Any featured prices for a cruise or for accommodation or any other package will normally be calculated on a per person price basis on two full priced fares per stateroom, unless otherwise indicated. Please note that gratuities are included in all cruise fares.

Am I missing something?

Gae

Hello Bob

That's EXACTLY what I believe we should be able to see on our Australian version of the RCI website. Nowhere could I find BOOKING CONDITIONS.

I undertook a "dummy" booking and AT NO TIME did I find any such wording. I then searched through the whole of the website and read all the T&C and this is the only reference I could find relating to the prices shown:

Prices on the Royal Caribbean International website are subject to availability and conditions. Although every care has been taken, the prices are not guaranteed and are subject to change without notice. Any featured prices for a cruise or for accommodation or any other package will normally be calculated on a per person price basis on two full priced fares per stateroom, unless otherwise indicated. Please note that gratuities are included in all cruise fares.

Am I missing something?

Gae

I don't think you are missing anything Gae. The Australian website looks to have different booking terms that the US website.

I don't think you are missing anything Gae. The Australian website looks to have different booking terms that the US website.

Thanks (once again) Bob for taking the time to check this out for me!

Without yourself and others like Patti on these forums sharing all your well-informed information I wouldn't know half of what I now know about cruising!

You provide a wonderful service to these boards! :D

I endeavour to pass on this knowledge to our local Australian and NZ board but I'm still very much a LEARNER so appreciate that I can ask questions here and have them answered by experienced cruisers.

Gae

You're quite passionate about this.

Using your analogy, yes of course, if that dealership would give me the $100 refund for a previous car purchase I would absolutely go back to get it. What kind of fool would turn that down? And the reality is, RCCL does often give the refunds so why wouldn't you ask? The OP was simply asking for helpful tips from other friendly cruisers. But like Dionne Warwick & The Spinners sang "Then came you....."

You are right!

I used a sledgehammer to make a point, when a more intelligent reply would have been better.

Simply stated. my point o fview is that we all make our own decisions, and if a company works to maximize revenues, then we need be cognizant that others are not responsible or liable to "correct" our own buying decision.

Thanks (once again) Bob for taking the time to check this out for me!

Without yourself and others like Patti on these forums sharing all your well-informed information I wouldn't know half of what I now know about cruising!

You provide a wonderful service to these boards! :D

I endeavour to pass on this knowledge to our local Australian and NZ board but I'm still very much a LEARNER so appreciate that I can ask questions here and have them answered by experienced cruisers.

Gae

Here here!

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

Archived