Port Canaveral to build new Cruise Terminal

Tall-Cruiser

This story was posted earlier by another member but the thread was removed by Admin. So I am posting it again hopefully in the proper manner.

The attached articles talks about Port Canaveral will be building a new cruise terminal which may be ready late 2014 and would be able to handle ships up to 6000 passengers, with a length of up to 1400ft. Sounds like Oasis Class or Quantum Class may head to PC as home port maybe.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130718/NEWS01/307180030/Port-Canaveral-eyes-site-ships-future?nclick_check=1

Thank you so much for posting that! I really hope that it gets built, we need another port that is able to handle the Oasis class, Quantum class, and now the Breakaway Plus!

Edited by swim13

Port Canaveral will be building a new cruise terminal which may be ready late 2014 and would be able to handle ships up to 6000 passengers, with a length of up to 1400ft. Sounds like Oasis Class or Quantum Class may head to PC as home port maybe

Late 2014 is also when the widening and deepening of the channel and turning basin is supposed to be completed, so the timing is right. The Quantum is already scheduled to stop in PC beginning in Nov 2014, so it needs to be ready for that, and then the terminal and basin would be all set for homeporting an Oasis-class once the third one is ready in 2016.

I appreciate reading this article and am pleased to know that new terminal facilities will be built.

Port Everglades needs to take heed of this. As much as I love to sail from Port Everglades, at least one of their terminals is much too small to handle the size of ships that are making Port Everglades their homeport. Having to use that terminal is an unpleasant experience for the guest. I know this from personal experience.

• 3 months later...
This story was posted earlier by another member but the thread was removed by Admin. So I am posting it again hopefully in the proper manner.

The attached articles talks about Port Canaveral will be building a new cruise terminal which may be ready late 2014 and would be able to handle ships up to 6000 passengers, with a length of up to 1400ft. Sounds like Oasis Class or Quantum Class may head to PC as home port maybe.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20130718/NEWS01/307180030/Port-Canaveral-eyes-site-ships-future?nclick_check=1

Just posting today's update on this topic. There is another thread also on the same topic that was started late today as well.

Below is the link to todays news and video formally approving the project from Florida Today.

http://www.floridatoday.com/article/20131106/BUSINESS/131106005/Port-commissioners-approve-new-cruise-terminal

Edited by Tall-Cruiser