Introducing the Carnival Vista

pinkbugs471

Carnival is cheaper because they can be. They have greater economies of scale other cruise lines dream about. Day in and day out, no cruise line can compete with Carnival on price or value. The others simply suffer from cruise ship envy.

As usual, not true. Market prices dictate prices. CCL can't charge more because if they did, they'd be sailing with empty cabins. Revenues are down at Carnival, why don't you suggest to Carnival that they raise cabin prices by $100 pp across the board? That's increase revenue wouldn't it (at least in your mindset).

You keep repeating the same lie. Why?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-25/carnivals-painful-limbo-contest-how-low-can-fares-go

Here's a quote:

"What started as a public-relations disaster has led to a predictable financial mess for the Miami-based cruise operator, which has seen its bookings for this year fall behind 2012 levels, even as its cruise fares have moved lower in a bid to win back wary travelers. For Carnival’s nine additional brands, including Holland America, Princess, and Costa, bookings have been stronger than a year ago, even with higher prices. The biggest hitch in this math, however, is that Carnival is the company’s largest U.S. brand, with the most inventory to sell'

Wait, how can that be? Shultz says that they are " cheaper because they can be', yet everyone else says that they are the cheapest because they have to slash fares to sail full!

"In its earnings release Tuesday, Carnival said that advance bookings for the rest of 2013 are running behind last year's levels, even at lower prices. Bookings on its namesake Carnival line are particularly weak."

Gee, that doesn't sound good does it? Even CCL admits that its biggest line has poor bookings. Everything I say about prices being market driven is supported by CCL and analysts.

http://www.csmonitor.com/Business/Latest-News-Wires/2013/0626/Carnival-replaces-CEO-as-cruise-bookings-fall

We do realize this ship is scheduled for 2016... 3 years from now how many new ships will other lines build before the vista?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

And they said it will have the all NEW 2.0 upgrades (that are 6 years old) wow!

I would think by then they would be up to the 3.0 or 4.0 upgrades.

And they said it will have the all NEW 2.0 upgrades (that are 6 years old) wow!

I would think by then they would be up to the 3.0 or 4.0 upgrades.

New now, a few years old then, even so they'll still be relevant.

Why is Splash horribly inappropriate? As a Mermaid, I find it a perfect name. And cruise ships DO splash. It may not be your favorite but that hardly makes it inappropriate, at least to me...?

Looks like I came off too strongly there; sorry. I thought Splash was inappropriate because that's the sound produced by someone falling or jumping overboard, and those reports have been on the news lately. You were probably thinking of waves splashing against the hull as the ship cuts through water, or something like that. We're all entitled to our unique opinions; let's enjoy that right, before the Feds take it away. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Wave or Surf would be better, to parallel the naturalistic naming scheme of Breeze and Sunshine. Plus, Vista sounds too Celebrity-esque. But that's just one person's opinion.

According the Carnival "Vista" is supposed intone the feeling of the new class... apparently even while inside you are supposed to have better views of the ocean... im guessing more windows. More of the public spaces are to have great views of the ocean giving you more feeling of being at sea.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

As usual, not true. Market prices dictate prices. CCL can't charge more because if they did, they'd be sailing with empty cabins. Revenues are down at Carnival, why don't you suggest to Carnival that they raise cabin prices by $100 pp across the board? That's increase revenue wouldn't it (at least in your mindset).

You keep repeating the same lie. Why?

http://www.businessweek.com/articles/2013-06-25/carnivals-painful-limbo-contest-how-low-can-fares-go

Wait, how can that be? Shultz says that they are " cheaper because they can be', yet everyone else says that they are the cheapest because they have to slash fares to sail full!

I always enjoy how you pick the most negative articles and ignore the articles that say just the opposite.

As you know prices fluctuate and as time progresses Carnival's prices will rise. They actually have increased quite a bit since the Triumph; look for things to normalize between mid to late 2014.

It's important not to be too jumpy and also keep in mind that Carnival does't make their revenue on ticket fares. Other issues have hurt their bottom line such as fuel, and other major operational expenses.

According the Carnival "Vista" is supposed intone the feeling of the new class... apparently even while inside you are supposed to have better views of the ocean... im guessing more windows. More of the public spaces are to have great views of the ocean giving you more feeling of being at sea.

Sounds nice to me

Looks like I came off too strongly there; sorry. I thought Splash was inappropriate because that's the sound produced by someone falling or jumping overboard, and those reports have been on the news lately. You were probably thinking of waves splashing against the hull as the ship cuts through water, or something like that. We're all entitled to our unique opinions; let's enjoy that right, before the Feds take it away. :rolleyes:

Perhaps Wave or Surf would be better, to parallel the naturalistic naming scheme of Breeze and Sunshine. Plus, Vista sounds too Celebrity-esque. But that's just one person's opinion.

I thought Splash alluded to the Waterparks and the pools on board.

This is an example of what Royal Caribbean was aiming for with "Project Vision" for their Vision-class ships.

http://www.travelweekly.com/Destinations2001-2007/Royal-Caribbean-Unveils-Its-Greatest--Vision-/

Of course I don't believe mumbo-jumbo stuff like that

but I do believe the mythology of Baby Jesus and walking-on-water

and that other cool stuff!

I hope to meet him, after I die. I just know he'll be there! :cool:

Amen!!!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

• 2 weeks later...
Wouldn't it be great if they went ahead and installed scrubbers and whatever else is necessary to the ship can sail the Chesapeake Bay? We are going to miss the Pride.

We took a Celebrity Galaxy cruise RT from Baltimore to Caribbean years ago and went under the Chesapeake Bay Bridge. There wasn't much to see except oil refineries and water. The morning fog was disappointing as we cruised back to Baltimore. After all the trips over the Bay Bridge, we expected to see more on the Galaxy sailing.

Solomons Island, MD has many boats that go out into the Cheasapeake Bay, maybe you can find a charter. Reedville, VA has a ferry and boats as well.

There was an inland waterway cruise line, don't know if it still does excursions to Myrtle Beach, SC, and further points south of there.

Penny

• 3 weeks later...

Archived