Introducing the Carnival Vista

pinkbugs471

We are crazy excited about this ship coming out.. we have things started on the place we shall not mention..

Wonder where the home port will be?

Yes, we are excited are also! Just wondering where the home port will be and the itinerary. Can't wait to get booked and start planning!

Yes, we are excited are also! Just wondering where the home port will be and the itinerary. Can't wait to get booked and start planning!

Can't wait to book here too. Really want them to do the Med first since we were cheated out of it for next year!

Wouldn't it be great if they went ahead and installed scrubbers and whatever else is necessary to the ship can sail the Chesapeake Bay? We are going to miss the Pride.

it would most likely not fit under the bridge anyway.

agreed pride sailing elsewhere is a loss for baltimore, loved the pride. but given bridge restrictions, currently only spirit and fantasy class ships would fit under the bridge.

with greater tonnage, and assuming they will not increase beam size (width), then they can only go 'up'.

i think it will likely be a dream class derivative, so in that case, not relevant unfortunately.

I look forward to seeing what Carnival can do to inspire us to continue sailing with them
Carnival will inspire you (and me) with low prices.

That's what they always done successfully.

If you need bells and whistles and rock walls and flow riders for inspiration

you know where to find them -at 40% extra cost. :)

By the way: Nice name, VISTA: I approve!

I just want to set the record straight...it's pronounced "Veesta" (long "e" sound). People are going to slaughter the name, I already know it! It's Spanish for "View."

Who set the record straight for you? I highly doubt they will name a ship Vista, that is pronounced VEESTA.

Vista is also Italian for "View"

What is your source? :cool:

wait until 2014... oh wait, that'll be coming in a few weeks... or a year, in 2015. brilliant! :rolleyes:

Yawn its only the name. Ship coming in 3 years. If this is the most exciting news of the day we have problems.

Yawn its only the name. Ship coming in 3 years. If this is the most exciting news of the day we have problems.

yeah and it's too bad. carnival's marketing strategy or lack thereof is troublesome... although, such can be expected when they do not truly have anything 'innovative' to market, if it is just a tweaked ship class as it has been for a decade. 'oh look, we added a bar with a new theme' will fail to resonate.

this is why i expect we'll see a tweaked dream class / breeze to add 5k grt. that's not a hell of a lot of innovation.

yeah and it's too bad. carnival's marketing strategy or lack thereof is troublesome... although, such can be expected when they do not truly have anything 'innovative' to market, if it is just a tweaked ship class as it has been for a decade. 'oh look, we added a bar with a new theme' will fail to resonate.

this is why i expect we'll see a tweaked dream class / breeze to add 5k grt. that's not a hell of a lot of innovation.

then don't cruise on her, as simple as that

then don't cruise on her, as simple as that

no, it's not.

and don't get me wrong i would love to.

it was, however, a comment regarding the fact that carnival does not market their new ships in a manner that they should.

magic came out with the ropes course, and summarily ncl did the same thing. apparently they hit on a good thing, but they didn't create any sort of buzz for it, despite the fact that apparently ncl thought it was a good thing. same with the water park vs. ncl.

it is a statement regarding management of the business, and how they manage it, not regarding the ships or whether i wish to sail on them (which i do). a publicly traded company should be more mindful of how they manage information, and carnival has not been doing well in that department recently.

enough said.

I approve of the new name! Carnival Vista, to be followed by Carnival Star, Carnival Sky, and Carnival Sea: time to bring back the former names of the Royal Viking Line ships.

i like the star and sky, don't like the sea tho :)

Archived