Introducing the Carnival Vista

pinkbugs471

4,000 passengers?! Holy cow! I can imagine what the embarkation / debarkation process will be like. :eek:

Oh and what a mess for tenders. By the time everyone makes it to the island the last tender will be heading back to ship:p.

Wonder if that will cut out some ports that the ship wont be big enough to dock at? I would imagine the ship will be enormous.

Good for carnival for building a new ship

Now along with the details of her

I do hope they also share some details on there improvement program

Not just the redundancy issues but more of how often they train , who they train and how they will address the US C G report

Everything else to he is just hype

Safety is first everything else ( including value ) is a distant secônd

Vista reminds me of a Microsoft OS that they couldn't get in their rear view mirror fast enough.

Carnival Vista is too sedate of a name for something that's supposed to be the "Fun Ships". It's fitting for Celebrity, I'd say. But hey, at least it's better than the generic-sounding Sunrise, or the horribly inappropriate name Splash.

Well, if they name the ship after that Carnival 7, at least we'll know it'll be better than Vista. :D

So, maybe its just me because I haven't seen it brought up here yet. Coming from a family of career seafarers I heard my share of superstitions and legends.

Isn't it bad luck to give a ship a name ending in 'A'?

Lusitania, Britannia, Estonia, Sultana, Concordia....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forums mobile app

So, maybe its just me because I haven't seen it brought up here yet. Coming from a family of career seafarers I heard my share of superstitions and legends.

I don't believe in superstitions....:rolleyes:

Guest fyree39
Carnival is cheaper because they can be. They have greater economies of scale other cruise lines dream about. Day in and day out, no cruise line can compete with Carnival on price or value. The others simply suffer from cruise ship envy.

That might be true, but the choices are shrinking. I can't book a TA, a Med our European, a California Coastal or a New England cruise on Carnival for 2014. Hence, I'm going with a different line. I'll leave Carnival to everyone else.

That might be true, but the choices are shrinking. I can't book a TA, a Med our European, a California Coastal or a New England cruise on Carnival for 2014. Hence, I'm going with a different line. I'll leave Carnival to everyone else.

Funny. I see all kinds of New England cruises for next year. :confused:

Guest fyree39
Funny. I see all kinds of New England cruises for next year. :confused:

In the fall? If that's true, it will be the last of them. Carnival is shrinking with its choices of ports, not expanding. It's a business decision I respect, but it also means I spend my dollars elsewhere.

ETA: Just saw the cruises on the Splendor. Though I might be inclined to book one, I've been on the Splendor twice and would sure like to try another ship. We want to go to Hawaii, but it will mean I've been on the Miracle three times in two years. There used to be two ships here: Splendor and Spirit, Spirit going to Hawaii. No more. Maybe a TA...oh, wait. Nevermind. How about a nice Northern Europe cruise? Um, no. Italy? Huh-uh. I don't want to spend money on the same ports and/or the same ship over and over and over again. I've done that to death. We'll be back to Carnival, no question, but not quite yet. Maybe at the end of 2015. We'll see what the new schedule brings.

Carnival Vista is too sedate of a name for something that's supposed to be the "Fun Ships". It's fitting for Celebrity, I'd say. But hey, at least it's better than the generic-sounding Sunrise, or the horribly inappropriate name Splash.

Why is Splash horribly inappropriate? As a Mermaid, I find it a perfect name. And cruise ships DO splash. It may not be your favorite but that hardly makes it inappropriate, at least to me...?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

So, maybe its just me because I haven't seen it brought up here yet.

Coming from a family of career seafarers I heard my share of superstitions and legends.

Of course I don't believe mumbo-jumbo stuff like that

but I do believe the mythology of Baby Jesus and walking-on-water

and that other cool stuff!

I hope to meet him, after I die. I just know he'll be there! :cool:

Of course I don't believe mumbo-jumbo stuff like that

but I do believe the mythology of Baby Jesus and walking-on-water

and that other cool stuff!

I hope to meet him, after I die. I just know he'll be there! :cool:

Me, too!

To that, I answer..

Titanic

Grandeur of the Seas

Splendor

Edmin Fitzgerald

And the Princess that burned as well.

Possibly Triumph too...

I think that superstition is flawed and bogus...

Still shoulda picked Splash...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Forums mobile app

Archived