Virgin Drinks?

Rainbowfalls

I was reading another thread about drinks and it was mentioned a few times how any drink can be made virgin.

I was wondering is this only on some ships or should it be fleet wide?

I had tried to get a virgin drink a couple of times while on the sensation back in December (atrium bar and lido deck) and was told everytime that they come pre mixed with alcohol already in them so they cannot make them virgin. The only drinks I could get would be the smoothies.

I did notice the little * on the drinks that they can be made virgin and pointed this out and was not really given a clear answer as to why that was there just again told it was a premix.

Has anyone else also had any trouble with getting virgin drinks or is there something I am not asking correctly when ordering?

We have sailed on the Fascination (Fantasy class) and never had a problem ordering a virgin drink. We often order virgin versions of strawberry daquiries for me and the kiddos. They are so good!!

:( I wanted a virgin one of those and a virgin miami vice. Instead I had a strawberry smoothie I felt a bit just brushed aside though about the whole thing. I would have doubted that maybe it was just that bartender if it didn't happen with another bartender on a different bar.

I was reading another thread about drinks and it was mentioned a few times how any drink can be made virgin.

I was wondering is this only on some ships or should it be fleet wide?

I had tried to get a virgin drink a couple of times while on the sensation back in December (atrium bar and lido deck) and was told everytime that they come pre mixed with alcohol already in them so they cannot make them virgin. The only drinks I could get would be the smoothies.

I did notice the little * on the drinks that they can be made virgin and pointed this out and was not really given a clear answer as to why that was there just again told it was a premix.

Has anyone else also had any trouble with getting virgin drinks or is there something I am not asking correctly when ordering?

I think if it's the 'Drink of the Day', the alcohol is already mixed in, but if you ask for another type, they should be able to make that virgin since it's not pre-made, only the mixer is. But I can tell you that bartenders have a heck of a time making virgin drinks because the blenders will freeze up on them when there is no alcohol in there, so some may not be inclined to do that.

:( I wanted a virgin one of those and a virgin miami vice. Instead I had a strawberry smoothie I felt a bit just brushed aside though about the whole thing. I would have doubted that maybe it was just that bartender if it didn't happen with another bartender on a different bar.

I am a bartender and a virgin strawberry daiquiri would be a smoothie. Just the strawberry mix with ice blended

A virgin Miami vice would be the same smoothie only half being a virgin pina colada

It's fleet wide, it even says on the drink menu that drinks can be made Virgin

I even saw that on the menu and pointed it out and wasn't given a good reason why I couldn't get a virgin drink. He just kept saying it's premixed all of them. Maybe I should have just persisted a bit more or asked guest services about it

The only problem you may have will be at HMC. Most all the drinks are premixed with alcohol . Requesting a nonalcoholic drink falls on deaf ears .

That's how I felt. Hopefully this year I will find a bartender that will make one.

I am a bartender and a virgin strawberry daiquiri would be a smoothie. Just the strawberry mix with ice blended

A virgin Miami vice would be the same smoothie only half being a virgin pina colada

If they would have said that I would have been ok, but to just tell me that none of the drinks could be made virgin and my only option was smoothies/kid menu to me just didn't seem right. especially when they post it on the menu itself.

I even saw that on the menu and pointed it out and wasn't given a good reason why I couldn't get a virgin drink. He just kept saying it's premixed all of them. Maybe I should have just persisted a bit more or asked guest services about it

Unfortunately some of the bartenders are not that bright.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

If you read below all the icy inventions, they say can be made non-alcoholic

http://zydecocruiser.net/Carnival-Bar-Menu/CarnivalCruiseBarMenu.htm

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks for the link I thought I had all of sarges menus

.50 more for a big Fosters beer than a bud light lime. That's a little strange

Archived