Radiance of the Seas cabin 3000

Booked an outside guaranty for the price of an inside cabin for a 12 day Hawaii cruise. Just got the cabin assignment and it the first cabin forward on deck 3. Has anyone stayed in this cabin and if so how is this location? I think it way too far forward.

While we've never been in that exact cabin, but we have found ourselves quite far forward in a few ships.

As far as that location, you can expect to feel more movement as well as the thrusters and anchor (when in use). As far as being too far from things the stairwell isn't that far away.

Unfortunately cabin selection and location are things you roll the dice with when choosing a guarantee (not criticizing as we do guarantees all the time). If you are really concerned you can call and see if they will move you to a cabin in the same category somewhere else. I've never tried that with RCCL but have with X and have had no problems.

I'm sure the cabin will be fine... but try and change it, a quick call can't hurt.

Yes, being so far forward will give you more movement.

Naturally, the cabins that are remaining and often assigned with guarantees are those that the higher paying customer does not select. Generally, they are the not prime cabins or locations. If you do not like the location, and there are others remaining IN THE SAME CATEGORY, you may be able to change cabins.

It would not select that cabin, but if I took the guarantee ( and we do) and received that cabin ( for the price of an inside) I would be OK with it .

Keep watching the cruise, another category with a location more desirable to you may become available at an attractive price point

Good luck.

Have not been in 3000, but spent a week in 3134 on Jewel which is about as far aft as 3000 is forward and thought it was great. I thought the OV cabins on 3 were good sized [bigger than the E balcony we had on Radiance] and the big window gives a great view as far as OV cabins go. If you want to see a pic of that category of cabin from a different location, I would be glad to share.

Also spent a week in a cabin about that far forward on Monarch -- far enough forward the hallway was curving in to the bow. As others have said, you will potentially feel more motion, and for the cruise you describe, you will be crossing open ocean and may be more likely to hit some rough seas than cruises that stick closer to the coast. On our Jewel cruise we did have a day of fairly rough seas and did not notice any really bad motion being in the aft compared to the rest of the ship.

On Monarch, we did not notice that much in the way of additional motion on from being forward, but did not encounter any really rough seas either. I [can't speak for DW] did hear the anchor, but that is only when you tender and is only a few seconds -- no big deal. Don't know if you have any tender ports -- if you do not, the anchor is a non-issue. The thrusters may be used when docking, but I would also expect that to be failry short time and you are going to have several sea days where the thrusters are not going to be used at all. Don't recall being bothered by them. The thrusters are driven by electric motors that get electricity from the same engines that drive the main propellers [in the case of Radiance, azipods] in the rear of the ship. The engines are well aft of where you are. The only additional noise will be from the props themselves and maybe the motors that drive them [not sure where the motors are for the thrusters]. Being electricity driven, if the props are well balanced, wouldn't expect a great deal of noise.

We have played the guarantee game several times and have gotten great deals. Would not hesitate to play again. If you are happy with the deal, I would not give up the room because of this location. On the other hand, part of the guarantee game is getting the best deal you can get, so if you can get a room in the same category in a location you prefer for whatever reason, take it.

Have a great trip -- wish I was going.

Going on the Allure on August 18. Does anyone know if you get a $100 or $200 ship board credit for booking a 12 day cruise while on another sailing. This might give me the opportunity to pick my cabin midship if I get some shipboard credit.

Going on the Allure on August 18. Does anyone know if you get a $100 or $200 ship board credit for booking a 12 day cruise while on another sailing. This might give me the opportunity to pick my cabin midship if I get some shipboard credit.

A 12 day cruise booked onboard will get you $150 on board credit on the 12 day cruise.

Very happy today! Called Royal Caribbean and they said my travel agent could call and change my cabin. She was able to change us from 3000(as far forward as possible) to 3586 which is midship. So excited!!!

Very happy today! Called Royal Caribbean and they said my travel agent could call and change my cabin. She was able to change us from 3000(as far forward as possible) to 3586 which is midship. So excited!!!

Good for you! As I said above, we were very happy with that class of cabin -- I am sure you will enjoy it.

Have a great cruise!

Archived