Star Aft Cabin Noise Issues?

Ilovesailing

Can anyone chime in if there are any noise issues from Spinnaker Lounge at night and also any noise from fitness centre early morning from tread mills etc.

Can't seem to find any info using search engine but do remember that shorty after the refurb and moving Spinnaker to aft there was noise issues due to sound insulation being installed wrong.

Can anyone chime in if there are any noise issues from Spinnaker Lounge at night and also any noise from fitness centre early morning from tread mills etc.

Can't seem to find any info using search engine but do remember that shorty after the refurb and moving Spinnaker to aft there was noise issues due to sound insulation being installed wrong.

We stayed in an aft cabin and yes there is a lot of noise from Spinnaker's lounge. Our bed would vibrate at night when the band was playing.

Thanks what deck were you on?

We knew about the noise ahead of time, but wanted to take the Star to Mexico. We were on the last sailing as they pulled out of Mexico back in 2011. We were on Deck 8 and the noise was real loud as they played till 1 or 2am. Didn't get to sleep until they stopped.

Much thanks, there is only 1 cabin left on deck what do you think about deck 9. There is still a deck between deck 9 and spinnaker.

I also been on Deck 9 and 10 on the Star. Didn't hear any noise from these decks.:) Also the decks are bigger.

Thanks BSR that's helpful. I really want an aft and the Star use to be our favourite ship till they refurbished and haven't been on it since but we really want to do Panama again in an aft and the Star is the only trip that fits our window.

Thanks BSR that's helpful. I really want an aft and the Star use to be our favourite ship till they refurbished and haven't been on it since but we really want to do Panama again in an aft and the Star is the only trip that fits our window.

We sailed on the Star many times and also sailed on her to Panama. We had the corner aft penthouse suite with the wrap around balcony (deck 9). I would definitely try to get one of them. You will be happy with that cabin.:)

Thanks we too have done Panama and Mexican Riviera b2b on deck 8 or 9 aft can't remember and it was just before it went into drydock. We like the middle cabins for the 180 degree view and personally can't justify the 2K plus for a suite when we are hardly there and we don't use the butler concierge although the Cagney's breakfast is quite nice.

Anyone know if we'll get Platinum Latitudes perks for just one week or two seeing that it's booked as one 14 day cruise?

My experience is that it is one cruise, one set of perks. If you are on the back to back (28 days), there should be two sets of perks.

Anyone know if we'll get Platinum Latitudes perks for just one week or two seeing that it's booked as one 14 day cruise?

One set in the15 day canal cruise I did on the Star in fall 2011. :(

I will be on deck 10 aft Star for 24 days starting in mid Sept. This is booked as 2 12 day cruises so I expect 2 sets. As far as the laundry perk I have had no problem sending it out every time it was offered. 4 times on the 16 day Dawn repo last fall. Just mark up the Bag and ticket N/C Platinum.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - Jim

Archived