Is this a decent deal?

delta13

I just put a hold on a Eastern route Liberty cruise for early December for 1692 for 3 in a 8B balcony. It is not ES so I would not be eligible for price drops. Is it possible I could do better if I wait a while?

I just put a hold on a Eastern route Liberty cruise for early December for 1692 for 3 in a 8B balcony. It is not ES so I would not be eligible for price drops. Is it possible I could do better if I wait a while?

Sounds like a great deal, We usually never pay more then 700 a piece(balcony) for a 7 day cruise, Less if its shorter. My husband says if its 100 or less per day , pp, its a good deal, where else can you stay with meals and entertainment included for less,

It's a good deal but how much more is early saver? I've found that price drops are pretty frequent and if you are 6 months out there's a good chance you at least get on board credit.

If the Early Saver is $500 more, maybe not, if it's $200 more, I'd say do that.

I'm not seeing an ES rate for the 12/7 sailing. Is the rate you show the base rate, or does it include the taxes?

I don't believe there is a ES rate as it's less than 5 months and it's more than 6 days. Mine won't show a ES either as I missed by 1 day. You can still get price drops until final payment as others have stated.

I don't believe there is a penalty if you book and cancel before final payment. I would book it and just cancel if it doesn't drop if there is no penalty. If it's the first week of December I would think it should be closer to $550 per person (3 in a cabin) after all taxes and fees. As you get closer to Christmas and New Years week than it gets crazy expensive.

The rate I booked was called a VIFP exclusive rate so the rate was shown after I entered my VIFP number. I usually don't book quite this far out. Seems like I am getting mixed comments. I had been watching this sailing for over a month now and it just dropped by $200. I didn't know I was eligible for price drops. I thought that was only ES. If the price does drop before final, would I need to cancel and rebook and choose a different cabin?

The rate I booked was called a VIFP exclusive rate so the rate was shown after I entered my VIFP number. I usually don't book quite this far out. Seems like I am getting mixed comments. I had been watching this sailing for over a month now and it just dropped by $200. I didn't know I was eligible for price drops. I thought that was only ES. If the price does drop before final, would I need to cancel and rebook and choose a different cabin?

You don't have to cancel, just call. I did this last night and pretty instantly got the new reduced invoice. Just confirm there is no penalty for cancelling before final payment. Then just be sure it's a price you're willing to pay before final payment as you won't get anything after that.

I'm not seeing an ES rate for the 12/7 sailing. Is the rate you show the base rate, or does it include the taxes?

There won't be an ES rate for that cruise anymore because for one week cruise the ES is five months before the cruise, and since is at the beginning of Dec. and we are at the end of July, is not five months anymore but four

Excellent rate for Eastern cruise..I'd grab it in a hearbeat..;)

Archived