FYI - Enterprise in Sydney, NS

If you have a reservation with Enterprise in Sydney, you may want to confirm your reservation just prior to your cruise.

We had a reservation with Enterprise in Sydney on July 26th, however, never got the rental. We inquired at the information both at port as to where to get the shuttle bus and was informed to make sure we had a reservation. The person at the information booth said at least 18 people prior to us had no reservation according to Enterprise. After contacting them twice they found our reservation but could not tell us when a car might be ready. After a few hours of waiting, we finally gave up.

Hopefully this was an isolated issue that affect many people on the same day.

That is not good at all.

However, I guess the lesson for others is to get off the ship asap and call Enterprise right away if the shuttle is not there.

I wonder how big their problem is with no shows.

If you have a reservation they should not be giving the car away We will cross them off our list Was going to book a car for next year with them Did you get any explanation or apology from them??

We had reservations with Sydney Enterprise on the 3rd and 9th of June and had no issue either day. Their lot is slightly further away then the Budget lot so they were maybe 5 minutes later getting their shuttle to the dock but otherwise it was very smooth. That said, we did call a week or so before leaving to arrange our pick up as we were instructed to do on line when we booked.

We also used Enterprise in Charlettetown and it was more of an ordeal there. Unlike Sydney there was not a marked place in the parking lot to wait for rental cars companies and in addition we'd not been told that the location closest to the docks was under construction so all the cars had been moved to the airport. This added quite a bit of travel time to the shuttle trip.

We had a similar event in Halifax.

Rented with Thrifty, but when we got to the Hotel, they said they had no more cars but they had made arrangements with AVIS for us to get a car there and they would refund the difference. Sounds good, right, WRONG. AVIS is about a mile away and we had to wait for transportation there, had to wait on a fairly long AVIS line, fill out more paperwork. To make a long story short, we got the car, but we didn't get started till after 11, and we had to miss certain places we had planned on visiting. Just got off the phone with Thrifty, telling them about this and demanding some sort of satisfaction. Probably won't get anything, but I had to get that off my chest.

Cheers

Len

If you have a reservation they should not be giving the car away We will cross them off our list Was going to book a car for next year with them Did you get any explanation or apology from them??

All they said was that they were waiting on return cars and would call when a car would be available. Fortunately, my travel mate is canadian and had his cell phone unlike others. They never called. He did get a message on his home phone when we returned on Sunday saying there was a slight delay. They must've really overbooked that day. When we booked all the others were sold out.

That is not good at all.

However, I guess the lesson for others is to get off the ship asap and call Enterprise right away if the shuttle is not there.

I wonder how big their problem is with no shows.

Good point! I'm grateful the rep at the information booth informed us of the situation. I was so looking forward to traveling the route you recommended on here. Since we couldn't get another rental and a few hours passed, I had no choice but to book a last minute excursion to Highland Village with Carnival. We walked into town hoping to locate other companies offering excursions but none.

All they said was that they were waiting on return cars and would call when a car would be available. Fortunately, my travel mate is canadian and had his cell phone unlike others. They never called. He did get a message on his home phone when we returned on Sunday saying there was a slight delay. They must've really overbooked that day. When we booked all the others were sold out.

Thanks for the info

If you had a reservation they should have had the car available ...no excuse

if we do decide to book I will be sure to take our cell with us & call them as soon as we are leaving the ship

Thanks again

Lyn

Archived