pulpit rock stavenger

Am on Infinity in August to Stavenger. Am thinking of pre-booking the boat trip to pulpit rock and am wondering if anyone could help with a few

questions :-

Does Infinity itself sail pass the rock?

If the weather is bad is the boat stable and what would the visability be like.

Are there toilets and a refreshment kiosk on board.?

Any information would be appreciated.

Infinity doesn't sail past the rock, there's a low bridge in the way.

The boat will be stable, you're in a fjord so there won't be any sea movement.

Pulpit rock is 2,000 feet up. If the weather's bad you might not be able to see it.

There is a toilet and refreshmentsa on board, at least there was on the boat I went on.

I definitely recommend prebooking online well in advance. I had procrastinated making any plans for Stavanger until a week before we left on the cruise. Because of our times in port, the only Rodne boat that we could take was at 10:00 and the website showed only 2 seats remaining at that time. I was really glad that I prebooked those seats because there were a lot of people on our cruise who wanted tickets and could not get them. Yes, you won't know what the weather will be, but I figured I may never be there again and wanted to go on the fjord trip no matter what.

Infinity doesn't sail past the rock, there's a low bridge in the way.

The boat will be stable, you're in a fjord so there won't be any sea movement.

Pulpit rock is 2,000 feet up. If the weather's bad you might not be able to see it.

There is a toilet and refreshmentsa on board, at least there was on the boat I went on.

Don't think that is true as HAL's Rotterdam sailed right up to it (with me onboard ;)). Having said that, not every cruise goes to it. Also it can be very fogged in at times.

On the aforementioned Rotterdam cruise there were some unhappy people who took the excursion to Pulpit (and it was fogged in) and than the ship went to it as well (fogged in again), they could and should have taken another excursion.

We also did the Rødne cruise and booked in advance. I'd thoroughly recommend it. You have to exchange your print out for tickets before you get on the boat (the ticket bit is right by the boat, so easy to find). There was a massive queue when we got there, but if you've booked in advance you can go to the front of the queue and they'll give you your tickets.

http://www.rodne.no/index.cfm?id=325701

Our ship was the HAL Ryndam. I emailed HAL in advance to ask if we'd be sailing past Pulpit Rock and I only booked the Rødne cruise when they confirmed that we wouldn't be going past it. You could email Celebrity and ask if your ship goes past it on your date.

I just want to re-emphasize some of the things other posters are saying: Rodne was a great trip for us, but definitely pre-book. We decided to wait to book day of to see what the weather would be like. With two ships in port that day, there was a massive crowd to get tickets and the Rodne employees did very little to organize the crowd into a line. At one point, a fight broke out as people were shoving through, and a lot of people did not make it on the boat.

Once on the boat, things were calm, scenic, and thoroughly enjoyable. I would definitely go back, but this time I'll pre-book.

The Rodne cruise is great. Modern boats, with refreshments, bathrooms etc. Seating in and outdoors. They'll stop at pulpit for you to look up. Being at the top would be more impressive, I think. The boat stopped directly at a waterfall and used a bucket to draw in some water and we got to drink the clean, fresh water. We also saw the goats wehich climb down the cliffs to get food from the boat tours. Great pciture! This was our last stop on the cruise and I thought we would have been all fjorded out. But this is a real pleasnat and VERY picturesque fjord that I'm glad we cruised.

You SHOULD prebook to get on the 10 am tour. THat's the busiest one. We were told from someone in line at the boat that we had to get actual tickets. So we left the front of the line and walked the couple blocks to get the tickets. Found out after we got back to the line ( now waaaay in the back) that no, we would have been left on with just the confirmation email. Should have asked someone who actually worked on the boat. However, if you have time when you disembark your ship, I would take the walk to their office. Just don't wait in the long like at the office as most of the cruisers there are just trying to buy day of tickets. And most were turned away.

• 1 year later...