Carnival CC with fun points

somesong12

Does anyone have the Carnival Credit Card and is it worth it for the points? We would definitly use it for our SS account.

Thoughts?

Do the points roll over continuously or do they fall off?

If you cruise a lot with Carnival it is probably worth it if you always pay on time. Otherwise much better cards out there.

Parts accumulate for quite some time dont remember how long.

Points are good for five years. If you pay your card off each month it might be worth it. 5000 points will get you fifty dollars. If nothing else get the card and get the rewards for the first time use and save some money. If you plan on paying for a cruise with it forget it. Unless you pay all your bills with it , then you might. I do have one and usually pay for cruises and ss with it and saves fifty dollars

Always pay this card off each month but I use if whenever I can. Generally I use it for onboard credit but for my cruise next year I plan on using it to pay for my grandchildren. I think it will be $3000 and I will need something like 22800 points. I'm at 11800. Lot of spending to do. I will prepay all tips, pay for mine and my husband's cruise and plan to book some excursions for Half Moon Cay so I will get double points for all of that.

I believe they have done away with the expiration date. I like how you can redeem the points. When I pay off the cruise I can than apply the points to the credit card balance for that payment.

Always pay this card off each month but I use if whenever I can. Generally I use it for onboard credit but for my cruise next year I plan on using it to pay for my grandchildren. I think it will be $3000 and I will need something like 22800 points. I'm at 11800. Lot of spending to do. I will prepay all tips, pay for mine and my husband's cruise and plan to book some excursions for Half Moon Cay so I will get double points for all of that.

I believe they have done away with the expiration date. I like how you can redeem the points. When I pay off the cruise I can than apply the points to the credit card balance for that payment.

Hmm think you will need a lot more than 22,800 points

There's another thread around here somewhere I was posting on just yesterday. I put a lot of tips on there for maximizing the points on the card. Just look at my previous posts and you should find them pretty easily.

Meredith

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The best rate of return on the card comes from using it as statement credit on the credit card. You must have a Carnival charge in the last 6 months to put it towards. You also get a MUCH higher rate of return when using it against a charge from Carnival of $1500 or more charged all at once. Instead of $500 for 50,000, you get more like $800 for the 50,000.

I use mine for EVERYTHING - groceries, dining, shopping, every bill that will take a CC, gym membership, etc. Pay it off in full each month so no interest.

The best rate of return on the card comes from using it as statement credit on the credit card. You must have a Carnival charge in the last 6 months to put it towards. You also get a MUCH higher rate of return when using it against a charge from Carnival of $1500 or more charged all at once. Instead of $500 for 50,000, you get more like $800 for the 50,000.

I use mine for EVERYTHING - groceries, dining, shopping, every bill that will take a CC, gym membership, etc. Pay it off in full each month so no interest.

I wasn't aware of the 6 mth rule......that does not make me happy.:mad:

I just got an offer from the CC....if I spend $750 in Aug, Sept and Oct I will get a bonus 15,000 points in addition to the ones for the $$ spent (which will include a final payment for our Nov cruise). By the time the cruise gets here I'll be close to 20,000 which will get me OBC to use for the steak house.

Archived