Between the fantastic four...

wordsjustfly

Who has the nicest cabins - typically we like a cabin to have some room and always with a balcony. On NCL we have stayed in a suite as well as a mini suite. I am not ashamed to say I loved my butler and concierge.

Norwegian Cruise Line

Holland America Cruise Line

Princess Cruise Line

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

We just finished our second cruise with NCL. We keep hearing that Holland America has better food and better presentation. We keep hearing that Princess has much nicer staterooms.

We are in our 50's with a teenager. Ships that are full of 20 somethings aren't going to do it for us. We will most likely be bringing a friend along for our teen to hang out with.

Thoughts - opinions - tell me what you think?

There are few cruise lines that can fill their ships with 20-somethings. Because those folks can't afford to cruise very often. Princess mini-suites are nice roomy cabins...Are you thinking of a separate cabin for the youngsters? Regular Princess cabins do not have a couch which you would have in a mini-suite. I would not put four in a balcony cabin on Celebrity's Solstice class ships, because storage is not good. But I might put four in a concierge class cabin on Celebrity's M class ships. The Family Verandah cabins on the M class are huge, with huge balconies...But they will hold out for five guests to fill them. EM

Who has the nicest cabins - typically we like a cabin to have some room and always with a balcony. On NCL we have stayed in a suite as well as a mini suite. I am not ashamed to say I loved my butler and concierge.

Norwegian Cruise Line

Holland America Cruise Line

Princess Cruise Line

Royal Caribbean Cruise Line

We just finished our second cruise with NCL. We keep hearing that Holland America has better food and better presentation. We keep hearing that Princess has much nicer staterooms.

We are in our 50's with a teenager. Ships that are full of 20 somethings aren't going to do it for us. We will most likely be bringing a friend along for our teen to hang out with.

Thoughts - opinions - tell me what you think?

I think the teenagers would enjoy RCL best. Especially Allure or Oasis.

We've been happy with our rooms on Royal Caribbean ... Teens would definitely enjoy all the stuff there is to do. Flow Rider, Rock Wall, Ice Rink, etc.

Agree with RCI being the better way to go. Princess would also be very good, but less activities for teens, but hey that's what excursions are for too.

Definitely not Holland of America, too old a crowd.

Food is comparable on all these four, with Princess and Holland of America maybe a bit better.

Enjoy your cruise.

Have not been on Holland or NCL since the late 1990'ties.

Our Jr suite on the RCCL Freedom in 2011 is at the top of the list, and had a lot more room than our mini on the Ruby Princess last Nov.

Our DD just turned 30 but had 10+ cruises by the time she hit 18 and went to work on ship for RCCL at 19. Her favorite line, and our's too, is Celebrity. We are 59 & 57.

My husband, two teenagers (13 &15), and I took a 14 day cruise last year to Alaska on the Holland American. The Suite was very roomy and concierge staff treated us like royalty...it was a shock getting off the ship and being treated like real people. :) Although, we loved the ship/crew/5 star food...kids, they weren't crazy about it. They did enjoy all the excursions but spent most of their time in the cabin and on the balcony. Being teenagers, they were too cool for the clubs. While reading all these post I think I'll take my girls on the Royal next time! Good luck!

Archived