Fremantle to Perth Airport

If you are going direct to the airport - here is the taxi calculator. http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=swan%20taxi%20fare%20calculator&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CCoQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.swantaxis.com.au%2Ffares.php&ei=UkL4UYCDFImqkQXEhoCYCQ&usg=AFQjCNFqESfQmr_HGkIQ8KFcThMF887szw&bvm=bv.49967636,d.dGI

Just fill in the detail - but put Perth International Airport for your drop off

If you share with others - you can get a maxi taxi and split the cost

Has this been asked in the past? What is the best and easiest way to transfer from the ship at Fremantle to Perth Airport please? If so, where should I look? Thanks

I'm assuming that your cruise is finishing in Fremantle and then you want to fly out from Perth on the same day. If that is the case, then there are probably lots more on your cruise wanting to do the same thing.

Sometimes the cruise line will arrange a bus directly from the cruise terminal to the airport. Otherwise others on your Roll Call may have something arranged which you could add your name to.

Because of your luggage, it would be difficult to use public transport of course and a taxi would be quite expensive but if you can share the cost with others, a maxi taxi for your luggage would probably be the least expensive.

Pity you're not planning on staying in Perth to explore that beautiful city for a few days. I visit there every year to catch up on grandchildren and every time, even after 12 years, I manage to find somewhere amazing that I haven't seen before.

I'm assuming that your cruise is finishing in Fremantle and then you want to fly out from Perth on the same day. If that is the case, then there are probably lots more on your cruise wanting to do the same thing.

Sometimes the cruise line will arrange a bus directly from the cruise terminal to the airport. Otherwise others on your Roll Call may have something arranged which you could add your name to.

Because of your luggage, it would be difficult to use public transport of course and a taxi would be quite expensive but if you can share the cost with others, a maxi taxi for your luggage would probably be the least expensive.

Pity you're not planning on staying in Perth to explore that beautiful city for a few days. I visit there every year to catch up on grandchildren and every time, even after 12 years, I manage to find somewhere amazing that I haven't seen before.

Thanks for your helpful reply. We have to fly straight out the same day unfortunately as we will have been away from home for 31 days - the maximum our holiday insurance will allow!!

Just get a cab,they will be waiting outside the Freo Cruise terminal.

Dont rely on perth trains as firstly there are no trains to either airport from Perth City or Fremantle and secondly they keep closing Perth station for upgrades.

It will cost around $55-60 and about 35 mins depending on weather the cabbie takes you the direct route or the long route.

if you have quite a few hours to kill and want to see Beautiful perth get the ferry from Freo to Barrack st jetty in Perth then a cab to the airport.

Sadly we leave for Singapore at 15.30..................much as we would have liked to have seen Perth!

Do a walk off with your luggage at 9am and then get the ferry to Perth have a look around for several hours before heading to the airport at 1pm.:D

if you have quite a few hours to kill and want to see Beautiful perth get the ferry from Freo to Barrack st jetty in Perth then a cab to the airport.

We did this in March, albeit the other way around. It was a great idea - 45 minutes on ferry from Perth to Fremantle. Luggage is allowed onboard.

The worst bit was the short hike from the Ferry to the Cruise Ship Passenger Terminal - not an overly long distance but we had to go right around the fencing and there were a few bumps in the road surface that made for interesting times with a suitcase on wheels.

Nevertheless I do recommend this if you have a little time to spare. :)

We did this in March, albeit the other way around. It was a great idea - 45 minutes on ferry from Perth to Fremantle. Luggage is allowed onboard.

The worst bit was the short hike from the Ferry to the Cruise Ship Passenger Terminal - not an overly long distance but we had to go right around the fencing and there were a few bumps in the road surface that made for interesting times with a suitcase on wheels.

Yes, for some the luggage is the issue, not the walk or the time. Another good reason to travel light.:D

....difficult if you are away for 31 days and in differing climates!!

Yes, we are rarely away for less than 4 weeks (normally more like 6) and visiting various countries. We have the roller bags and also use hotels to hold our bags while we have a look around. In LA we had a hotel (where we were not staying) hold our bags for 8 hours, so we could wander around until our transfer up arrived. I gave a nice tip (not sure if that is what did it).:D

I am pretty sure I recommended this trip to you on our VOS role call from memory:confused: If so then glad you took it up and enjoyed it! I think more should take the little extra time to do this one way or the other instead of the boring cab ride:)

....difficult if you are away for 31 days and in differing climates!!

The only real difficulty would be getting off the ship self luggage debark due to time restraints.

Tell a little untruth on the debark paperwork about your flight time and you can get off with the first wave!

I am pretty sure I recommended this trip to you on our VOS role call from memory:confused: If so then glad you took it up and enjoyed it! I think more should take the little extra time to do this one way or the other instead of the boring cab ride:)

Yep we got lucky with the taxi though - the driver themselves had only moved to Perth from Adelaide months before, so got a bit of commentary as they took us on a detour to Kings Park before dropping us at the Bell Tower :D

The very first part of my

for that Voyager cruise in March shows the views from Kings Park (and also views from the Captain Cook transfer of Voyager of the Seas :D) There was more video of this but like most of the holiday bits had to be cut off to bring down the total length of the video ;)

Archived