Small plane for bear viewing trip crash - all OK!!!

Marylandteachergirl

OMG, I'm glad everyone is okay!

We're booked on a similar trip next July from Homer :eek:

No worries at all. Your chances of having an accident driving from home to your airport in FL are much greater than the chance of having an accident in a plane like this. So you might want to consider canceling the entire trip based on that :)

No worries at all. Your chances of having an accident driving from home to your airport in FL are mu.ch greater than the chance of having an accident in a plane like this. So you might want to consider canceling the entire trip based on that :)

Oh there is no chance that we will cancel! I agree with you - driving to work every day is more dangerous. I was just reacting to the news and I'm sure glad everyone is okay. It must have been a scary moment on board.

I have been waiting for years to get to Katmai and can't wait :D

Wow! Glad everyone is ok. We were going to fly with K-Bay last year based on excellent reviews, plans changed and ended up going with Seahawk Air out of Kodiak instead, and had a wonderful time out at Katmai. A crash like this wouldn't even make me think twice about flying, as mentioned you are more likely to have a car crash by far. You will love your trip, this is the way to see Alaska! The bears were pretty amazing too!

Archived