Airport transfers from Miami airport to Ft Lauderdale

texmex.ferr

Hi,

Apologies if this is a question which keeps recurring.

I'm trying to find information on prices for transfer for 2adults from Miami Airport to Fort Lauderdale. Maybe looking to book embassy suites or comfort inn suites/cruise/airport, in Mid March.

We would then require transfer from hotel to port Everglades cruise port.

Any info I have seen is for Ft Lauderdale Airport transfers and not from Miami.

Thanks for any help given.

As far as getting to Port Everglades from hotels in Ft. Lauderdale, I've found taxi is the way to go. For 2 people it costs the same as using the shuttle services from hotels in Ft. Lauderdale. No waiting for the shuttle to arrive and fill. Plus it takes you directly to your ship without stopping for others to get off. I usually stay on 17th. Lots of hotels, restaurants, wine shop, water taxi nearby.

It's always been cheaper for me to fly in to FLL even if departing from Miami. There's a good shuttle service from Ft. Lauderdale to Port of Miami and back but they are not allowed to pick up at MIA.

I've never seen anything less than about $65-70 for shuttle or cab from MIA to Ft. Lauderdale.

Charlie

From MIA to the FLL area a rental car is your cheapest option and will give you some flex in dining and shopping options; some of the car rental agencies offer free Port Everglades shuttles. A taxi will run close to $85-100, depending upon which hotel :eek:, American Shuttle typically charges about $40 per passenger. Larry's limos has been suggested for MIA service - suspect he will also be under cab fare and will offer a much nicer ride. Same options for your trip back to MIA after the cruise - this is one run where the cruiseline transfer bus may be a good deal. ;)

American Shuttle is based inside the MIA airport (www.americanshuttle.com)

From ES or other hotels in the 17th Street area of Fort Lauderdale to Port Everglades at taxi for about $10-12+tip (depending upon which hotel and where your ship is parked) is your best bet. Good luck! :)

Archived